20 Great Habits That Will Give You Truly Radiant Skin
To help your skin become flawless and beautiful, we at Bright Side prepared a list of 20 beauty habits that show that taking care of your skin is a lot easier and way more fun than you thought.
1. Regularly exfoliate your entire body. Use a sugar scrub, an exfoliating glove or a loofah when you’re in the shower. Rub it over your skin in a circular motion to remove dead skin cells.
2. Moisturize your skin every day with a moisturizing lotion or cream.
3. Every 15 days use a gelatin face mask to remove blackheads from your face. Mix one tablespoon of unflavored gelatin with two tablespoons of milk, microwave the mixture for 10 seconds, apply it on your face and let it dry; then gently peel it off and enjoy the result.
4. Wash your face with a cleanser or warm water before bed to remove pollution, oil and bacteria from the pores of the skin.
5. Make sure you use your sunscreen. Ultraviolet radiation is the main cause of early wrinkling, age spots and even skin cancer.
6. Drink plenty of water. It helps your skin to function at an optimal level. When you’re dehydrated, your skin’s elasticity and purity reduces.
7. Apply a small amount of pure aloe vera gel under your eyes and around the mouth two-three times a week before going to bed. This natural recipe helps prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
8. Get rid of stress. Anxiety has a damaging effect on all organs, including skin. Stress less and your skin will thank you.
9. Cleanse properly. Removing your make-up at night is an absolute must! If you skip this step, your pores will quickly clog and your skin will become dull and irritated.
10. At least once a month prepare yourself a beauty detox smoothie. Blend some beet with some orange juice, a carrot, an apple, half a cucumber and a little celery. This smoothie will help hydrate your skin and flush away toxins.
11. Exercise. A good workout boosts your metabolism and stimulates the skin renewal process.
12. Every 15 days gently exfoliate the skin on your face with an exfoliating cream or a mixture of natural yogurt and fine sugar crystals. Gently rub it into your skin in a circular motion. You can also cut a lemon in half, pour some salt on it, and use it as a delicate revitalizing scrub.
13. Sleep more. When you sleep your cells regenerate and your skin regains its elasticity and firmness. Take сare of yourself and get the rest you deserve.
14. Give yourself a proper facial at home with an all-natural homemade face mask. An oatmeal face mask is great for those with oily skin; an avocado mask soothes and nourishes dry and itchy skin. If you have combination-type skin, a honey and papaya facial mask is just what you need.
15. Take biotin daily. This vitamin promotes the processes of cell regeneration and renewal and makes your skin and nails grow faster. Take one capsule every morning and remember that biotin is a water-solutable vitamin, so you should drink lots of water throughout the day.
16. Use a clay (mud) mask if you have an oily T-zone (nose, forehead and/or chin). If you have oily skin, we recommend using this mask regularly.
17. Cucumber is your ally. We’ve all seen those movies and advertisments where women lie with cucumber slices over their eyes. Well, this plant actually does wonders for your skin. Cucumber juice soothes and rejuvenates it and makes your face fresh and glowing.
18. Place wet tea bags over your eyes to reduce dark circles and puffiness. We also recommend using green tea as a face toner twice a week - it tightens pores and has an anti-bacterial and anti-aging effect.
19. Avoid your face when spraying your fragrance. Most of our fragrances contain ingredients which may cause collagen below the skin surface to break down.
20. Use quality makeup. Choose beauty products carefully and remember that your skin absorbs whatever you put on it.