21 Simple Tricks to Keep Your Clothes and Shoes in Perfect Condition
Here are 20 simple tricks which can help keep your clothes and shoes in immaculate condition.
- Use lemon juice or baking soda to get rid of underarm stains on your clothes.
- Place a sweater in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours and it won't get tangled or crumpled up.
- You can get rid of static electricity on your clothing by wiping it with the underside of an ordinary tissue.
- Slightly crumpled clothing can be made smooth by using hair straighteners.
- Get rid of foundation stains on light clothing by using shaving foam.
- Stretch narrow shoes to fit your feet using the following method: Pour some water into resealable plastic bags, place them carefully inside the shoes, and the put them in the freezer overnight.
- To get rid of a stain caused by red wine, pour on some white wine, and then sprinkle baking soda on top of that. Leave for 2-3 hours then wash off.
- To prevent knee-length boots from loosing their original shape, place old magazines inside them.
- Rub the heels of your feet with a stick of deodorant, and new shoes won't rub against them.
- To make a leather coat softer, get it wet by walking around in it when it's raining.
- You can get rid of lipstick stains by using hair spray.
- If you've lost the clasp stud for an earring, use part of a rubber from a pencil to hold it in place temporarily.
- To avoid getting blisters from new flat shoes, put on some thick socks and then the shoes. Blow dry the area where the shoes feel tight for a few minutes. Repeat several times.
- You can fix weakened glasses frames by using nail varnish.
- Clean up scuffed suede shoes using an ordinary eraser.
- Use a razor to remove fuzz from a sweater.
- You can use an ordinary graphite pencil to fix a broken zipper. Simply rub the graphite part over the teeth of the zipper to get it moving again.
- Mix together detergent and baking soda in a bowl. Use an old toothbrush to wipe the solution onto the white soles of trainers and converse shoes. This will help keep them clean.
- You can tuck loose jeans into shoes using the following method:
- Add half a cup of distilled vinegar to the washing machine to prevent dark jeans from leaking colour.
21. To keep your shirt tucked in all day make a pleat at the side of each hip. Use your thumb and index finger to “pinch” towards the back any excess fabric from the side seams.