26 incredibly sweet scientific facts that will melt your heart
The world around us is full of wonderful things, but sometimes life is truly stranger than fiction — in the cutest way possible. Bright Side dug up the most touching and adorable scientific facts from all over the globe.
1. When two lovers stare into each other’s eyes, their heart rates synchronize.
2. Some sets of twins actually invent their own language that only they can understand.
3. Red pandas use their bushy tails as blankets to help keep warm.
4. Sheep can recognize facial expressions, and they really enjoy seeing smiles.
5. Polar bears use a nose-to-nose greeting when they’re asking another bear for something.
6. When a giraffe is ready to give birth, she’ll return to the place she was born to have her baby.
7. Looking at cute things improves your mood and level of concentration (so feast your eyes on this!)
8. Macaques have snowball fights to entertain themselves.
9. The Quokka is known as the happiest animal on earth because of its unfading smile.
10. Once a baby koala becomes too big for the pouch, a koala mom will carry it on her back.
11. Sea otters have a pouch under their forearm to store food and their favourite pebbles.
12. Unborn chicks can communicate to the outside world from inside their shells.
13. Puffins mate for life. They lay only one egg per year and both the mom and dad puffin participate in raising the chick.
14. Squirrels adopt squirrel babies that have been abandoned by their parents.
15. Elephants will entwine their trunks as a sign of affection.
16. Hugs release natural painkillers.
17. Baby pandas are surprisingly small — they weigh about as much as a cup of tea!
18. Honey bees can communicate through a medium of dance.
19. Cows have best friends with whom they spend the majority of their time.
20. If baby kangaroos are frightened, they’ll jump headfirst into their mother’s pouch.
21. Male puppies intentionally let female puppies win when they are play fighting.
22. Cats greet each other by pressing their noses together.
23. Even a fake smile activates memories associated with happiness.
24. Simple hand holding actually relieves stress.