50 incredible movies that will push you to overcome all challenges
When life takes an unexpected turn for the worse, it’s helpful to take a little break to watch a movie. Immerse yourself in a good comedy, plunge into the magical world of fantasy, or admire incredibly brave heroes who are not afraid to defy socially accepted norms and overcome life challenges!
Bright Side has chosen some movies that will evoke positive emotions and help you to cope with your winter melancholy.
- Spy, 2015 – a light movie with magnificent action and wonderful actors, such as Jude Law, Jason Statham, and Melissa McCarthy.
- The Intern, 2015 - 70-year-old Ben Whittaker discovers that retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. He becomes a senior intern at e-commerce fashion company founded and run by Jules Ostin. Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway excellently play the two leading roles.
- The Internship, 2013 - an exciting and light comedy with charming actors - Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. At least watch the film for its soundtrack, it's awesome!
- Death at a Funeral, 2010 – this wonderful movie with actor-comedian Martin Lawrence will make you roll in the aisles laughing.
- Due Date, 2010 - Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis are simply amazing in this film. The contrast between the two completely different characters makes the film absolutely comical.
- Samolyot letit v Rossiyu, 1994 - three characters – kind-hearted Vanya, a selfish director, and witty Seryoga are bound to run into awkward situations so often that even the Inspector Clouseau himself would envy them.
- Office Space, 1999 - this comedy by the creator/writer of "Beavis and Butthead" Mike Judge became a classic in the West.
- Pokrovskie vorota (The Pokrovsky Gate), 1982 - a funny story about deep feelings and stong emotions.
- The Big Lebowski, 1998 – a classic movie directed by the Coen brothers, who always stand out for their extraordinary scenarios.
- 3+2, 1963 - this film, which has subtle humor and a description of the restraints of the 60’s, is still extremely funny and up-to-date, even after so many years.
- The Royal Tenenbaums, 2001 - an American comedy-drama about a crazy little family directed by Wes Anderson. The film stars are Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, and Bill Murray.
- Once Upon a Crime, 1992 – this light and funny film with James Belushi will make you laugh for about an hour and a half.
- The Pink Panther 1 & 2 – a beautiful and stylish comedy in two parts. You won’t have to fake a smile, we promise you that!
- Cool Runnings, 1993 – a sports comedy based on a true story. Dialogues and the scenes of training will make you shriek with laughter.
- Legally Blonde 1, 2 – you should watch these movies, especially on the dreary day. They will definitely cheer you up and get you motivated.
- Baby's Day Out, 1994- this is the tale of childhood, which is worth watching over and over again.
- Hangover 1, 2, 3 – a movie in three parts for those who want to feel a bit cheeky while sitting at home (if you don't have any intention to travel to Vegas or get married).
- The Police Academy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 1984 – the best classic movie for relaxing, laughing, and reminiscing about the nostalgic moments of the 80's.
Dramas and Melodramas
- Little Miss Sunshine, 2006 – a wonderful comedy about a small, unattractive, yet extremely charming girl, Olive, whose dream it is to win the children's beauty contest.
- Garden State, 2003 - the message of this movie is to convince everyone that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Don’t miss the chance to enjoy the magnificent performance of Natalie Portman and Zach Braff.
- Lars and the Real Girl, 2007 – a very pleasant and bright film about people’s deep, meaningful feelings towards those they truly love.
- It's Kind of a Funny Story, 2010 –the movie depicts the surreal and melancholic scenes of our life. At some point during the film, you start to get to know your "deep self" better.
- Keinohrhasen, 2007 – a romantic melodrama, which evokes only positive emotions.
- No Reservations, 2007 - this film urges you to experience life in all its fullness and complexities.
- Monte Carlo, 2011 – a family movie for those who want a break away from their rushed routine. Just relax in front of the screen for this cozy evening.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower, 2012 – an unconventional movie based on the novel by Stephen Chbosky.
- As good as it gets, 1997, - if you are in a bad mood, you should see this movie; watch and enjoy it in the company of Jack Nicholson.
- Man on Wire, 2007 - a documentary about a man who is living on a razor’s edge, literally.
- Stand by Me, 1986 – a sincere, kind, friendly, home movie of the 80's based on the novel by Stephen King.
- Almost Famous, 2000 – a movie about people obsessed with music. Heavy rockers, young fans and raging hormones. Excitement, romance, madness and sincerity-all is there for you not to get bored.
- The World's Fastest Indian, 2005 – a movie that urges you to overcome numerous challenges, problems, and setbacks, despite the difficulties on your way. Anthony Hopkins didn’t simply perform the role, but successfully revealed the inner world of his hero.
- Mozart and the Whale, 2005 - a gentle and warm film about true feelings and emotions.
- Serendipity, 2001 –a light and lyrical love story performed by the wonderful actors John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale.
- Prikhodi na menya posmotret, 2000 – an inspiring and heart moving film that will urge you not to give up on your dreams.
- Coming to America, 1988 – a pleasant and wonderful comedy with Eddie Murphy in the leading role.
- Pitch Perfect 1, 2 - these movies will fill your day with positive emotions and energy.
- 3 Idiots, 2009 – an Indian film where drama and comedy are closely interwoven. You will laugh and enjoy every moment of the 3 hours spent on watching it.
- Sto let posle detstva, 1975 - a children's film that inseminates the purity of feelings. The film is for those who want to reminisce their youth and first love.
- Bridget Jones's Diary, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason – if you need to build up self- confidence, these movies are for you!
- Austenland, 2013 - a beautiful love story with an original scenario.
- The Pursuit of Happiness, 2006 – one of the best Will Smith movies with an uplifting message to "go for your dreams." It will make you laugh, cry, and love life again.
- Back to the Future 1, 2, 3 – a legendary tale with a happy ending and unforgettable atmosphere of the 50's, when everything seemed to be so perfect and peaceful.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, 2005 – an unconventional, yet a wonderful comedy with British subtle humor that will urge you to stop worrying about your "life purpose."
- Alice in Wonderland, 2010 - a film by Tim Burton that will plunge you straight into a fairy tale.
- Pirates of the Caribbean 1, 2, 3, 4 - the ease with which Jack Sparrow gets out of the most difficult situations will inspire and help you to cope with your own problems, especially when you have absolutely no clue how to solve them.
- The Lego Movie, 2014 – this film with a subtle sense of humor and powerful action scene will keep you at the edge of your seat till the end.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, 2005 - caramels, candies, and your favorite chocolate! Real bliss for children and adults in the magic factory of Willy Wonka.
- Meet Joe Black, 1998- a wonderful movie with Brad Pitt and Anthony Hopkins about the value of time granted to us from above.
Preview Photo Credit: Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer