9 Super-Useful Tricks to Get Your Makeup Absolutely Perfect
Mastering the art of makeup definitely requires some practice, but learning how to craft great looks is easier than it seems.
We here at Bright Side put together a list of nine super-effective tricks to help you always look your best.
1. Getting the right contours for your face
Great makeup starts with great foundation. You have probably heard about impressive contouring techniques that can change your face completely.
Any makeup artist will tell you that the way you contour really depends on your face shape. But there is one common rule you should follow: we apply contour shades to the area we want to hide or recede and do a highlight on the areas that we want to protrude or stand out.
2. Two principles for shaping your eyebrows
Just remember these two rules:
- The width of the eyebrow should equal the width of the upper lip. Big eyes needs thicker eyebrows. Heavy eyebrows can also help you make your face more balanced. Avoid having thick eyebrows if you have small eyes, otherwise your eyes will look too tiny.
- Consider the distance between your eyebrows and your eyes. If your eyebrows are set high, heavier brows might provide a more balanced look. If you have eyebrows that are set close to your eyes, you'll need to make them thinner otherwise you'll get a frown face.
3. Applying eyeliner
Drawing one straight line across your eye with your eyeliner is a challenging task. If you have nothing but an eyeliner at hand, try drawing a row of dots and then connect them using small short strokes.
4. If you are applying makeup in the comfort of your own home, use a spoon or a fork
It is the easiest and fastest method to get the perfect wing shape for your eyeliner.
5. Don't forget about your credit cards
Using your credit or business card is also a great trick if you want to make the line super-straight. The most difficult task here is to angle the card in the right direction.
6. Use tape instead of extra supplies
A great option for those who are lazy: take a piece of tape, stick it to the back of your hand to get some of its tackiness off and place it at the outer corner of your eye.
7. To keep your lashes curled longer, heat up your eyelash curler with your hair dryer
8. Remove excess mascara from the brush before applying it to avoid clumpy and matted eyelashes
9. There are two ways to make your lips look fuller...
To create the illusion of fullness, apply a light concealer around or inside the lip line and then put lipstick on.