21 Historical Photos That Prove the World Has Changed Dramatically
Just imagine how fast our world is changing! Even 50 years ago life was very different. Online banking and portable computers didn’t exist, and fashion didn’t change that fast. Maybe that’s why nowadays it is so interesting to see vintage photos. They always seem to put that nostalgic, cute smile on our faces.
We at Bright Side found 21 amazing pictures from the past proving that the world changes dramatically in what seems like the blink of an eye.
1. School dance in the 1950s
2. Getting a facial from a machine, the 1950s
3. Parade of athletes, 1938
4. Nonresident alien border ID, 1943
5. Futuristic car design by Bob Riley
6. Vladimir Zworykin demonstrates the electronic television in 1929.
7. A stewardess takes a cheetah for a walk at the Amsterdam airport in 1961.
8. Atlas space station in 1958
9. “NASA scientists pose with their board of calculations.”
10. United Air Lines in 1930
11. Here is Apple’s first product, invented by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
12. “Contestants in the 1930 Miss Lovely Eyes beauty pageant in Florida are wearing masks to obscure the rest of their faces.”
13. Wives and members of the Philadelphia Elks are at a gym exercise class in 1930.
14. Getting a pilot’s license in the 1940s
15. “Children sleep in the open air after lunch at a maternity hospital in Moscow in 1958.”
16. First selfie, 1900
17. An audience wearing special glasses watches a 3D “stereoscopic film” at the Telekinema on the South Bank in London during the Festival of Britain in 1951.
18. Permanent-wave machine built by Icall, for sale in 1923
19. Futuristic technologies from the past
20. Atomic nuclear crater after nuclear testing
21. Dancing classes in the Soviet Union
Bonus: Berlin in 1945 and today
Would living in olden times or in the modern world seem more interesting to you? Tell us which you’d prefer and why in the comments and share this article with your friends.
Preview photo credit qasqaldag 3 / reddit, vk/com, https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Subsidence_crater_in_formation.jpg