22 Rare Historical Photos That Can Make You Feel the Past
The main difference between professional photographers and beginners is the obsession with the profession. They are ready to do anything just to capture an important moment. Thanks to these people, we are able to see the events that happened many years ago. And the most important thing is that these photos were not edited, which is why they are so authentic.
Bright Side shares 22 unique photos from the past that will leave nobody indifferent.
22. Albert Einstein in his study at Princeton, New Jersey, USA in 1940
21. Young Drew Barrymore
20. Bruce Lee with his family
19. First beauty contest in the USSR, 1988
18. The imprint of a kamikaze Mitsubishi Zero along the side of the H.M.S Sussex, 1945
17. 100 years ago: This street scene in Antwerp, Belgium, shows citizens turning out to celebrate the end of World War I, a few hours after the Germans surrendered on November 11th 1918.
16. Police officer John Shuttleworth, waist-high in flood waters, Cambridge, Ontario, 1974
15. Michael Jackson drives bumper cars during an event for underprivileged kids at Neverland Ranch in 1994.
14. Cavern carved by the sea in an ice wall near Commonwealth Bay, 1911–1914
13. Bill and Hillary Clinton on their wedding day, 1975
12. Nurses in their bomb trenches between hospital wards, France, 1918
11. George Willig scaled the exterior of the World Trade Center’s South Tower in 1977. Completing the climb in 3.5 hours, he was arrested at the top after signing several autographs and was fined $1.10 by the city — a penny for each floor he passed.
10. A poor man requesting money as he runs alongside the carriage of King George V
9. Special effects artist A. Arnold “Buddy” Gillespie in the miniatures tank for the movie Ben Hur, 1959
8. A steel-hatted bulldog on guard outside a block of flats in London, 1940
7. Harold Hamilton, a scientist with the first Australian Antarctic Expedition, with the skeleton of a sea lion, 1913
6. Arthur Sawyer & a sea elephant pup, 1912
5. Soviet soldiers, on their backs, launch a volley of bullets at enemy aircraft in June of 1943
4. Dr. Guy Brewster’s bullet-proof armor, 1917
3. The Ovitz family, 1950. They are the only family that survived in Auschwitz, where doctor Mengele did experiments on them.
2. The hellish mines of the 1980s Brazilian gold rush
1. A young woman working in a textile factory, Russia, 1960
Bonus: 80 years later
Bonus from the author: My grandparents’ wedding, the USSR, 1958
Which of these photos amazed you the most? Tell us in the comment section below.