30+ Rare Photos That You Will Hardly See in History Books
It’s always interesting to look through historical photos even for those who didn’t like history in school. These photos can make you feel the spirit, fashion, routine, and leisure of that time and really do deserve some attention. For example, do you know what a native resident of Japan looked like? Or can you imagine Freddie Mercury sitting on the shoulders of Darth Vader?
Bright Side collected 30+ rare photos that will easily leave a deep historical mark on your memory.
31. Maternity hospital employees are showing a happy father his newborn triplets, New York, 1946.
30. A boy riding a man wearing the costume of a demon for a Krampus parade, Austria,1954.
29. A couple from the Victorian era is trying to hold a pose in a photo studio in the 1890s.
28. A representative of Ainu — the indigenous people of Japan, 1880.
27. The liner Queen Elizabeth is bringing American troops into New York Harbor at the end of WWII, 1945.
26. Freddie Mercury sitting on the shoulders of Darth Vader, 1980.
25. Stephen Hawking with his future wife, 1964.
24. A boy between 2 mounted lobsters caught off the New Jersey coast, 1916.
23. Opening the Mona Lisa painting after it had been hidden from German troops in 1939, in 1945.
22. A construction on one of the squares in New York called Longacre Square. One year later, it will be renamed Times Square, 1903.
21. One of the last photos of Tsar Nicholas II, 1917.
20. Admiral William H.P. Blandy and his wife cut into a mushroom cloud cake celebrating the 1946 atomic tests on Bikini Atoll.
19. Adolf Hitler’s pants after the failed assassination attempt at Wolf’s Lair in 1944.
18. Queen Victoria herself scratched out her face from the photographic plate because she didn’t like the way she looked in it, 1852.
17. Men wearing Mickey Mouse costumes, Paris, 1932.
16. A young Fidel Castro (with the lollypop) poses with his friends in Santiago, Cuba in 1940.
15. An 8-year-old boy named Mark lies on a bed of nails while playing Monopoly in London, England in 1976.
14. West End, London, 1949.
13. The interior of 1936 Imperial Airlines airplane, 1936.
12. Titanic survivors approach rescue ship RMS Carpathia, April 15, 1912.
11. Barber Shop in Clanton, Alabama, the 1920s
10. Australian soldiers after their release from Japanese captivity in Singapore, 1945.
9. A group of Victorians doing the cakewalk, 1890.
8. Kids pretend to guillotine a criminal in some kind of game in France in 1959.
7. A woman wears the Dakko-chan toy on her arm, Japan, 1960.
6. Performers who play animals in a play, London, 1894.
5. The air-conditioned luxury lawn mower, the 1950s.
4. The opening of the first Gucci shop in New York, 1953.
3. An 18-year-old Bruce Lee and his master, 1958.
2. Getting cooled air piped into the car while enjoying a meal at a drive-in restaurant. Houston, Texas, 1957.
1. The public demonstration of König’s fire helmet with a water shower. Germany, 1900s.
Which of these photos impressed you the most? Why? Please let us know about it in the comments!
Preview photo credit DaFunOne / imgur