12 Strange Tips That Can Actually Help You Become More Beautiful
The Internet is full of advice on how to become attractive and move closer to your goal of attaining that stellar appearance. However, not all of it proves useful.
We at Bright Side recently stumbled upon some particularly strange life hacks that left us genuinely surprised. However, we gave them a try and can now admit — they actually work!
Use beer for healthy hair.
Beer contains such useful components as brewer’s yeast, hops, and malt. It’s rich in vitamins and minerals that nourish our hair from within. You can use beer as a conditioning rinse.
Use baby powder to create a false eyelashes effect.
- Coat your eyelashes with a single layer of mascara.
- Arm yourself with a Q-tip, and apply baby powder onto your eyelashes.
- Apply another layer of mascara onto your lashes. Voila! A simple and inexpensive solution for achieving a false eyelashes effect!
Use concealer to create a new lip outline.
If you’ve got a naturally blurred lip outline or if your lips appear too narrow to wear dark lipsticks, do not despair. You can easily rectify the situation by means of a concealer.
- Trace your lip outline with a concealer, "erasing" the natural contours, and then do the shading.
- When the concealer dries up, take a bright pencil and draw a new lip contour, slightly overstepping the natural one. Try not to make your lips look too large.
Use activated charcoal to whiten your teeth.
- Put a tablet of activated charcoal in a glass, and add 5 drops of water. Knead the resulting mass to get rid of lumps.
- Apply the mass onto your toothbrush, and brush your teeth.
- This treatment should only be applied twice a month. If you do it more frequently, you may cause your teeth to become excessively sensitive!
Use red lipstick to quickly conceal dark circles under your eyes.
If you’re in a hurry to get rid of dark circles under your eyes and your concealer alone isn’t up to the task, beauty bloggers suggest trying the following technique:
- Carefully, so as not to injure the delicate skin, apply red lipstick to the "arches" beneath your eyes. Shade it, stopping short of reaching your eyelashes.
- Apply two layers of concealer, shading each layer. Allow the concealer to dry. Finally, powder everything over.
It is advisable not to overuse this method, so as not to damage the sensitive skin around your eyes.
Use string for the perfect winged eyeliner.
- Take a piece of string, and coat it with your favorite eyeliner.
- Pull the string tight, and put it to your eye so that it forms a continuation of your lower eyelid.
- Use the same technique to paint the wing’s upper edge.
Use a fork to contour your nose.
In order to visually change the shape of the nose and make it more slender and attractive, many girls resort to contouring: highlighting the ridge of the nose along its length with a lighter color, while making the wings look darker.
- To make your contour lines smooth and symmetrical, use a fork.
Use ordinary pencils as eyeliner.
If you really want bright-colored summer-style eyeliner wings but don’t have eyeliner pencils, use ordinary color pencils instead.
- Place drawing pencils in a glass of hot water, and wait for a few minutes.
- Take the pencils out of the water, and use them to draw eyeliner wings.
Use lip balm instead of a highlighter.
Girls often don’t hurry to buy a highlighter, preferring to use other types of cosmetics instead. Indeed, things like shimmer shadows can cope with the task just as efficiently. The same goes for another ubiquitous makeup box "resident": the lip balm. Its only drawback is its stickiness!
Use dishwashing sponges for perfect curls.
As it turns out, you can get luxurious curls without the help of curling irons (which can severely damage your hair). All you need is a dishwashing sponge.
- Divide your hair into strands, and wrap each strand around the middle of the sponge.
- Fold the sponge in half, and secure it with a rubber band.
- Go to bed. You’ll be sure to feel a pleasant surprise at the sight of your hair the next morning! Detailed instructions can be found in this video.
Use potato slices to whiten your armpits.
The darkening of the underarms is a problem that concerns many women. However, it can be easily solved with the help of potatoes!
- Thinly slice a potato, and use the slices to rub your armpits.
- Alternatively, you can grate a potato and use the resulting juice.
Use mayonnaise instead of a hair conditioner.
Actress Blake Lively manages to keep her hair looking luxurious by using mayonnaise as a conditioner. She mixes it with oil, applies the solution to her hair, waits for a while, and then washes it off. However, to all those anxious to follow this example, experts advise using homemade mayonnaise only, since the stuff sold in the shops contains concentrates and various other chemicals.