3 Ways of Finding the Ideal Heel Height to Avoid Foot Pain
High heels have long been blamed for a range of health problems from bunions to back pain. But we are not afraid of scary stories like that! We are sure that girls can and should wear heeled shoes. "The most important thing is to find a heel height that works for you," the doctors say.
We at Bright Side will show you 3 effective ways to choose the right heel height that you can comfortably wear all day long.
1. The safe heel height for everyday wear
This method will help you determine the healthiest heel height to wear for work. Some doctors say that heels should be no more than 4 cm high if you wear them on a daily basis. Let’s see if this recommendation is true for you.
2. Your perfect heel height
The essence of this formula is that the perfect heels should be high enough to create an ideal ratio of leg length to height (1.61).
3. The maximum heel height to wear into the night
This guide will help you determine the maximum height of your party pumps:
- Sit in a chair with your leg extended straight out.
- Relax your foot, and do not point your toes.
- Measure the distance from your heel to the ball of your foot (as shown in the picture).
- This measurement indicates your foot’s natural incline and the ideal height of your night-out pumps.
For most women, the maximum height of shoes to wear for a party is from 7 to 9 cm.
Illustrated by Alena Tsarkova for BrightSide.me
Based on materials from wclub.ru