4 Makeup Artist Tricks for a Total Makeover in 5 Minutes
There's no need to spend hours in front of a mirror to look stunning - you just have to know a few little beauty secrets.
We at Bright Side asked a professional makeup artist to uncover some of the secrets that will allow you to do all kinds of basic makeup in just five minutes.
Good makeup depends, first of all, on well-prepared skin. Any skin type needs moisturizing. Choose your skin care based on your type and the season:
- In summer, it is best to pick light textures and fluids.
- In winter, choose thicker creams and oils.
- All year round, apply a serum and special eye contour care.
Apply the toner.
- Apply highlighter (of a lighter shade than your skin) over the toner layer in light motions to all shaded face areas (under your eyes, in your smile lines, under your lower lip) and prominent areas (nasal arch and cheekbones).
You can also use illuminizers to visually smooth down the skin and create the "photoshop effect" in a matter of seconds. It's important to shade the product with a finger or synthetic brush.
Keep in mind: If your skin is oily, use this trick with care and choose dry textures.
Ladies with dry skin should use oily textures. And if you have any peeling skin, discard this idea altogether because shiny particles will only highlight the imperfections and give the opposite impression.
Apply lip gloss and underline your eyebrows.
- Brush down your brows, and apply some transparent or tinted brow gel.
Dense lipstick isn't necessary for everyday use - light tints are trendy today.
- Lightly touch your lips with a tinted lip balm, and press them together for natural distribution.
Apply cheek color and lipstick.
Avoid excessive glitter - use a matte cheek color according to your skin type to make it look fresh.
Accentuate your eyes.
- Underline the contour of your eyes with eyeliner, and shade it a little.
Try to apply the color as closely to your eyelashes as possible. Ideally, apply it between them - that will make them look darker and denser.
Highlight your eyebrows.
- Eyebrow powder will help you punctuate your brows.
Use red lipstick as a makeup accent.
Red lipstick is once again in the mainstream. To make it look delicate, blot your lips on a paper tissue. If you're really short on time, apply the lipstick in spots, and then shade it with your fingers.
Accentuate the area under your brows and the inner corner of your eye.
- Highlight the area under your brows and the inner corners of your eyes with light shimmering eye shadow.
Underline your cheekbones: draw a sculptor line under the cheekbone from the upper part of the ear almost to the lips, leaving about an inch. The line should be broader at the beginning. Shade the line well.
In addition: Add some natural-tint shadow on your eyelid fold and shade it.
Highlight your eyebrows, and apply shadow.
- Highlight the area under your brows and the inner corners of your eyes with light shimmering eye shadow. This will make your brows brighter, and you'll save time contouring them.
- Brush down your brows.
- Apply the eye base.
- Then use eye shadow.
If you want to draw attention to your dress, choose a shadow of a corresponding color. If you want to accentuate your uniqueness, use a contrasting shadow that becomes your eyes. You may also want to add some glitter.
- Apply mascara in several layers, paying more attention to the sides.
- Add some darker shadow to the outer corners of your eyes.
Lots of glitter is the latest trend.