6 Simple Tricks That Will Make Your Lips Look Fuller
Every woman dreams of having full and expressive lips like Angelina Jolie. On the internet, we can find a lot of life hacks that are supposed to increase the volume of our lips, but not all of them work.
We at Bright Side invited an experienced makeup artist to help us find the best makeup techniques. We selected some simple tricks that are easy to repeat at home and took pictures of the process. At the end of the article, we’ve also included some info about what your natural lip color says about your health. Don’t miss it!
6. Darken the lip corners.
A simple but effective trick for an evening makeup that works best with lipsticks of intense colors.
5. Use a lipstick, lip gloss, and concealer at the same time.
The combination of lipstick, lip gloss, and concealer gives a perfect result.
4. Use a mixture of shea and cinnamon oils.
Cinnamon oil improves blood circulation, making the lips brighter and adding some volume. It’s usually used not in its pure form but in combination with shea oil. You can use this mixture as a mask, lip gloss, or as a base for matte lipstick.
3. Use a lip liner to correct the lip form.
You can make any type of lips look fuller. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
2. Highlight the Cupid’s bow.
Highlighting our Cupid’s bow helps us to make the upper lip more convex and emphasize the lip contour. When finishing your makeup, you can apply a highlighter to your upper lip if you wish.
1. Use a white pencil to make your lips fuller.
Bonus: What your lip color says about your health
We can transform our lips into anything we want with lipstick, but what about our natural lip color? Turns out it can be an indicator of our health state.
- Pale lips. If your lips are pale and ashy gray, you’re probably anemic, which means your blood needs more red cells. You should eat foods rich in iron: broccoli, red meat, and red dates.
- Red lips accompanied by bad breath and a craving for snacking is a sign that your body is overheated, and your liver and spleen are overworking. In this case, drink chrysanthemum tea and eat vegetables such as bitter melon and celery. Honey would also be great. It’s important to go to bed before 11 p.m. and not to stress.
- Purple lips are a sure sign of heart and/or respiratory problems. The best thing you can do is consult a doctor.
- Dark red lips suggest that something is wrong with your digestive system. You should go easy on processed foods. Instead, eat congees, sweet potatoes, and tofu. You can also drink water with some lemon juice added to cleanse out all the toxins and kickstart your metabolism.
- Rosy pink lips mean that you’re perfectly healthy. Congrats, and keep it up!