10 Easy Tips to Make Your Feet Look Perfect
Fungal nail infections, cracked heels, and ingrown nails are among the most common foot problems the majority of people face. These and other conditions often cause pain and fatigue and make our feet look unhealthy and unattractive. Fortunately, many foot issues can be successfully treated at home with the help of natural remedies and we’ll show you how to do it.
Here at Bright Side we’ve studied a number of efficient foot care tips and made this guide on how to make your feet look gorgeous and healthy.
1. Get rid of toenail fungus naturally.
- The antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar (ACV) make it a perfect remedy for toenail fungus. There are a variety of methods to use ACV for fungus treatment. For example, you can mix equal amounts of ACV and water and prepare a DIY antifungal soak. Keep your feet in this solution for up to 30 minutes (depending on how your skin responds to the treatment) and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply a few drops of lavender essential oil onto affected toenails every night and let it soak while you sleep. You can put on socks to prevent the essential oil from rubbing off. Continue the treatment for a few weeks until the fungus is gone.
2. Prepare a DIY foot scrub.
DIY foot scrubs made of sea salt or sugar will exfoliate the skin and make it look healthy and radiant. Try these recipes for foot scrubs with olive and coconut oil and essential oils that will contribute to the scrubs benefits. If you massage your feet while applying the scrub, it will soothe your feet and release any fatigue you may feel after a long working day.
3. Try a nourishing foot mask.
What could be better than a soothing, relaxing, and nourishing foot mask after a long work day? Try this DIY mask made of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and yogurt. The pumpkin will nourish and brighten your skin, cinnamon will soften your skin, and yogurt will kill any bacteria.
4. Get rid of cracked heels.
- The skin around the heels is usually thicker and dryer than the rest of our skin and we need to soak our feet properly in warm, soapy water to get rid of the cracks.
- Apply a liquid bandage sold in drug stores to seal the cracks and prevent further cracking and infections.
- Antimicrobial and antibacterial properties make honey a good remedy for cracked heels. Use honey as a scrub or apply it as a foot mask.
Heel cracks are often not serious and can be treated at home. However, there are cases when these cracks can be caused by medical conditions. If you suffer from severe heel cracks, you should visit your doctor.
5. Massage your feet.
A good foot massage will help you get rid of pain and fatigue and make your feet look gorgeous. If you feel pain in your feet, sit in a chair, take a golf or tennis ball, and rub it from heel to toe taking more time to rub the painful areas. Follow these steps to make a stress relieving foot massage and don’t forget to moisturize your feet afterward.
6. Moisturize the skin.
Coconut oil is a perfect natural moisturizer for dry feet. Use coconut oil alone to moisturize the skin, add some sugar or salt to prepare a DIY foot scrub, or add a few drops of essential oils to treat fungus. Make sure you don’t apply moisturizers between the toes, as excessive moisture here can cause fungus and infections to appear.
7. Keep your feet dry.
Keeping your feet dry will help you to prevent fungus and odor. Make sure you dry your feet with a towel after washing or using moisturizers and avoid wearing the same shoes for too long. If your feet sweat, try sprinkling some baby powder inside your shoes.
8. Treat and prevent swelling.
Swollen feet is a problem that many of us face after long travels or standing on our feet for too long. To reduce the swelling prop up your legs or lie on your back with your legs raised and pressed against the wall. If you often suffer from swollen feet and ankles, try wearing compression socks which you can buy at any drug store. These socks will release the pain and prevent fluid from collecting in your feet.
9. Prevent ingrown toenails.
Ingrown toenails may be caused by traumas, ill-fitting footwear, improper trimming, and other issues. In order to prevent this problem, make sure you don’t cut your nails too short or unevenly at the corners. And, choose shoes and socks that fit perfectly – you should be able to freely move your toes.
10. Soothe the pain.
High heels, uncomfortable shoes, or standing for a long time can make your feet ache. There are a number of ways to soothe your aching feet at home, including soaking your aching feet in a basin of warm water with Epsom salt. Another way to reduce the stress your feet suffer during the day is to take contrast showers. Hold your feet under running water and alternate one minute of hot water and one minute of cold water, repeating the cycle for several times and ending it with cold water.
Which of these tips would you like to try? Do you have your own tricks on how to make feet look gorgeous? Feel free to share them in the comments!