10 Hidden Causes of Acne and Ways to Get Rid of It
Pimples are always an unpleasant surprise. However, they're often caused by external factors and can be easily treated.
Bright Side has found the most efficient ways to get rid of acne for good.
Back and shoulders
Back acne could be caused by backpack straps or tightly fitting synthetic clothes. If you have small red pimples, then it's probably a reaction to cleaning agents or household chemicals. A passion for fatty and fried food could also be a reason for acne to appear.
- Pimples such as these are treated well with saltwater baths once a week or light washing with apple cider vinegar and water in a 1:2 ratio.
The most common cause of acne on your chest is an allergic reaction to washing powder or shower gel. Such pimples can also occur as a reaction to cold drinks, spices, and seafood.
- Mix some baking soda with water, and massage your skin with the resulting mash. Then wash it off with warm water.
A tight collar may chafe your skin and cause pimples. Neck acne can also be a result of an allergy to shampoo or hair rinse. Yet another common cause for pimples is a passion for sweets.
- Wipe your neck with a cotton pad drenched in lemon or lime juice, let it rest for 10 minutes, and then wash off with warm water.
Digestive system problems, allergic reactions to detergents, and antibiotics can all cause pimples to appear. If you go to a swimming pool, sauna, or gym fairly often you may have caught a fungal infection that inflames and results in acne.
- If your pimples aren't caused by a fungus, then they can be got rid of with potato juice: just cut a raw potato in half, and rub it on your problem areas. Then wash it off after half an hour.
Poor hygiene and tight-fitting synthetic clothes are the most common reasons when it comes to the appearance of leg acne. Pimples can also occur after shaving when you cut hairs with a dull razor or against the growth.
- Add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil to your shower gel, and wash as usual.