7 Massage Techniques to Get a Flatter Stomach Without Sweating at the Gym
If you’ve noticed some extra inches on your waist, you definitely know how easily they can ruin your self-esteem. But it’s not just your beauty that suffers — abdominal fat can actually increase your risk for heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some types of cancer. That’s why you should deal with it as soon as possible. Luckily, there are some ways to get rid of these extra pounds that even appeal to lazy-bones who don’t like getting out of bed.
We at Bright Side put together 7 of the most effective massage techniques that will help you say goodbye to the extra fat on your tummy.
7. Stimulate blood circulation in your belly.
- Rub your hands together to generate heat on the surface of your fingers and palms.
- When your hands are warm enough, start rubbing them in clockwise and counterclockwise rotations around your belly button.
- Perform this massage for 2-3 minutes.
6. Get rid of bloating.
- Find the point that is located 4 fingers above your navel.
- Massage this point for 2-3 minutes clockwise and for the same amount of time counterclockwise.
5. Make your waistline slimmer.
- Place both hands on either side of your belly with your palms facing each other.
- Push your hands toward each other while squeezing your belly between them.
- Do this 3-5 times.
- Then grab your belly in both hands and shake your stomach.
- Do this for 10-15 seconds.
4. Pinch your fat away.
- Pinch your abdominal area with both of your hands simultaneously on either side of your belly.
- Continue making these little pinches all over your stomach and the lower part of your tummy.
- Do this massage for 2-3 minutes.
3. Do lymphatic drainage.
- Place the tips of your fingers on the sides of your belly and slowly begin massaging in toward the middle and up toward your heart.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
- Then place your hands on both sides of your hips and use your fingers to stretch the skin up toward your armpits.
- After stretching your skin at the hipbone, move your hand higher and repeat.
- Do this 5-7 times along each side of your body.
2. Try Chinese massage.
- Place one hand on your belly button.
- Applying firm pressure, use your 2 fingers to rub around your belly button in small circles. Gradually widen the circles, moving away from your navel to the sides.
- Perform the massage for 2 minutes.
1. Use pressure points.
- You can find the Ren 6, Ren 4, and Ren 3 points about 1, 2, and 3 inches below your belly button.
- The Ki 16 points are located on either side of your belly button, about 0.5 inches away from it.
- The Zigong points can be found on both sides of your tummy 3 inches below your belly button and 2 inches to either side.
Place 2 fingers on the point and gently massage the area. Then, press and hold it for a couple of minutes. Repeat with each point.
Bonus: How to get a flat stomach faster
- The most effective position to do the massage in is lying down on your back in a bed or on the floor. You can also do it when standing in front of a mirror.
- Never perform the massage right after eating.
- For the best results, massage your belly twice a day — before breakfast and just before bed.
- To enhance the effect, try to use a mix of grapefruit and cypress essential oils when performing the massage.
Warning: Don’t do the massage if you’re experiencing pain in your stomach or suffering from diseases like blood clots in your legs or heart, kidney failure, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, endometriosis, or inflammatory infections.
Which of these massage techniques will you include in your daily routine? Or maybe you know other effective ways to get rid of belly fat without exercises? Please share them with us in the comments!
Preview photo credit shutterstock.com