7 Tricks to Help You Lose Fat Faster
Getting rid of excess fat is usually difficult and takes a long time. We at Bright Side found 7 simple tricks that will surely help you to reach your goal faster.
Make sure you drink enough water. It helps your body flush away waste and stay at the right temperature. Dehydration makes it hard for the body to control its temperature and burn stored fat since it uses that fat to stay in balance. Here are the best times to drink water:
- Drink a glass of warm water first thing when you wake up in the morning.
- Room-temperature water before meals.
- When exercising, drink a glass of fresh water half an hour before exercise, a sip every 15 minutes during the activity, and one more glass at the end.
- Fill your stomach with water when you have food cravings.
- If you feel thirsty, it is a symptom of dehydration, so drink as much water as you want.
- Drink cold water at midmorning and midafternoon to expend energy.
- Drink a glass before going to bed. This keeps your metabolism going and prevents heart problems.
Switching to a low-carb diet will help you burn fat because you’ll be taking a decreased amount of insulin, which is also a fat-storage hormone. Choose carbohydrates that have a low or medium glycemic index, such as:
- Raw oats
- Pasta, rice, and brown bread
The amount should be half a cup and only one serving a day.
A fast metabolism means burning more calories and more pounds. The best way to speed up your metabolism and tone your body is a good workout. Adding some dumbbells to your fitness routine will make the workout more effective and help your metabolism stay in a higher gear for hours after you exercise.
Amino acids are the key to muscle tissue development. The foods with the highest amount of amino acids are those that are highest in protein. If you want to burn fat, it is essential to include a high-protein food at each meal, without overdoing it. The best sources of protein are:
- Boiled eggs
- Fish such as salmon, mackerel, sardines, and tuna
- Turkey and chicken breast
- Fat-free red meat
- Dairy products such as cottage cheese or yogurt
It may sound strange, but your body needs fats to produce the hormones that make you burn fat: testosterone and growth hormones. However, not all fat is the same. The key is to replace bad fats with good fats. Forget burgers and fries — your diet should only include healthy fats that can be found in:
- Canola, olive, sunflower, and corn oils
- Tuna, salmon, and sardines
- Walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts
Eating a lot of saturated fat can increase the cholesterol in your blood, but it doesn’t mean that you have to remove saturated fat from your diet completely if it comes from sources such as:
- Peanut butter
- Coconut oil
Here are the foods you should be eating if you want to naturally cleanse and detox your body:
You can also make detox drinks. Here are four great fat-flushing drink recipes.
People with a normal or slow metabolism are not going to have the lowest level of fat if they don’t do at least 40 to 60 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. Another option is HIIT (high-intensity interval training) that can be done in less time with excellent results. For example:
- Burpees (30 seconds). Start standing. Bring your hands to the floor just in front of your feet. Jump your feet into a plank position. Do one push-up, and jump your feet back to your hands. From this position, jump up as high up as you can.
- Rest (1 minute).
- High knees (30 seconds). Raise and lower one knee at a time as if running in place. Bring your knees up to hip height. Keep your thighs parallel to the ground. Change legs, and go as fast as you can.
- Rest (1 minute).
- Jumping Jacks (30 seconds).
- Rest (1 and a half minutes).
- Squats (30 seconds). Keep your back straight. Focus on keeping your knees in line with your feet as you squat. Squat down until your hips are lower than your knees.
- Rest (1 minute to a minute and a half).