8 Bad Skin Habits That Age You Faster
Sometimes, it seems that in order to make your skin smooth and soft and to make it shine again, you need a crazy amount of money and complicated procedures. But the good news is that this isn’t entirely true.
We at Bright Side have collected the most popular mistakes that you need to stop making if you want to keep your skin healthy and young for a long time.
1. You use facial scrubs too often.
Instead of scrubs that can injure the upper layer of the epidermis, use acid-containing products that can help you remove dirt from the pores.
2. You use anti-wrinkle cream and think it’s enough.
Unfortunately, the only way to get rid of wrinkles completely is to visit a plastic surgeon. And in order to delay the appearance of wrinkles for as long as possible, make sure you moisturize your skin on a regular basis.
3. After washing your face, you dry it with a towel.
Don’t dry your face by rubbing it with a towel as this can damage the skin. Gently touch the face with a towel and then let it air dry. Use a special towel for your face only.
4. You sleep with your hair down.
Hair has a lot of dirt and grease that can damage the skin on your face.
5. You don’t pay attention to your pillow and your pillowcase.
You should get rid of dead skin cells, dust, and dust mites on a regular basis.
6. You ignore clay masks.
White clay is universal and is good for any skin type. It makes the skin look much better as it clears the pores from dirt.
7. You don’t eat enough fruit and vegetables.
These foods can give your skin a beautiful tan thanks to their unique features:
- Broccoli — Reduces swelling and skin redness after sun.
- Tomatoes and apricots — They protect from harmful UV rays and give you a slight tan.
- Carrots and peaches — Eating them on a regular basis can substitute sunbathing.
8. You hide the problems instead of solving them.
If you have to use concealers very often, then you probably need to see a doctor that can help you solve your skin problems.
Do you have any of these habits? Tell us in the comments section below!
Preview photo credit shutterstock.com