Scientists Tell of the Indispensable Exercises That Make Us Live Longer
Health is a treasure that is given to us only once in our lives. It is our duty to take care of it from our childhood. The better you take care of your health, the happier, longer, and more active a life you can lead.
Bright Side invites you to test your body age and suggests a few exercises to improve your health and your life.
First of all, test your body age.
Start by doing a little warm-up to get your muscles ready.
Then bend over, trying to reach the floor with your hands. Keep your legs and back straight. Memorize the point that your hands could reach, and then stand straight again.
- You can touch the floor with your hands while keeping your legs straight. Your muscles are pretty much relaxed.
- You can touch the floor with your fingertips and slightly bend your knees. Overall, the exercise doesn't bring you much discomfort.
- Your fingers can touch the upper part of your feet, your knees are bent, and your muscles are tensed. Overall, you feel like you want to stand up straight again as soon as possible.
More than 50 years
- You can't touch your feet, and an attempt to bend more makes you bend your knees. You feel uncomfortable in this position.
How to improve your flexibility
If you are not happy with your results, please don't panic. Bend over 30 times a day, and you will have surprising results in a month.
Tibetan sages said that the body age of a person depends on the condition of his liver, which is connected with flexibility. Everyone knows that a sedentary lifestyle influences both the muscles and organs negatively.
By bending at least 30 times a day, you will make your ligaments and tendons stronger. The best news is that you can improve your flexibility at any age.
Bonus: How to release muscular tension with a static gymnastics exercise
Static gymnastics helps to eliminate inner muscular spasms. By doing this simple exercise, you release tension and enrich your body with oxygen. It also brings a lot of muscles into play. One of the most important effects of this exercise is that it gives an inner "massage" to your organs and improves your digestion. The best thing about it is that you don't need any equipment to do it, and you can do it anywhere you want.
- Hold your breath.
- Inhale deeply, and round off your stomach.
- Hold your breath once again.
- Exhale all the air out of your lungs, and suck your stomach in.
Important: Consult your doctor before beginning an exercise plan.
Do you have any advice on how to improve flexibility and release muscular tension? Share your tips with us in the comments.