This Simple Exercise Burns More Calories Than 30 Minutes of Running
If you want to tone your whole body, improve your cardiovascular fitness, and burn calories, there's no need to sweat for hours at the gym or spend a fortune on home exercise equipment. The only thing you're going to need is a jump rope!
That's right - a skipping rope is not just for kids. It is proven to have many benefits and is an excellent complement to other exercises. Today we at Bright Side will tell you about the amazing benefits of jumping rope and teach you how to do it correctly so that you see the results as quickly as possible.
An excellent way to burn calories
There are studies suggesting that 10 minutes of jumping rope is as efficient as 30 minutes of jogging in terms of cardiovascular improvement and calorie burn. Skipping rope burns approximately 330 calories, while jogging burns 270 calories.
It doesn't require a lot of space or time
Jumping rope doesn't need much space - you can exercise anywhere and at any time. Bad weather is no longer an excuse!
It works several muscle groups at once
Skipping rope tones your arms, legs, back, abs, bum, and shoulders.
Even a child can do it
Once acquired, the technique is very simple to implement, and it doesn't matter what your age, shape, or current fitness level is.
It improves your skills
Jumping rope not only works your muscles evenly, but it also improves your coordination, dynamic balance, and reflexes.
You can do it alone or with friends
This exercise is not only effective but also fun and enjoyable.
What you need to know before you get started
- Choose the right jump rope. If you have the opportunity, buy it in a sporting goods store where you can get advice on picking the right length, handle, material, etc.
- Wear shoes without padding. You can also jump barefoot, which is even better, but we do not advise you to try it until you master the technique.
- Keep your head straight and look ahead. Do not look down.
- Your torso should be straight and your knees slightly bent.
- Keep your elbows close to your body.
- Grip the handles with your fingers, not your palms.
- Important: use your wrists to spin the rope, not your arms.
- Use the front of your feet (metatarsus) to propel you and to land. Your heels should never touch the ground when skipping. You don't have to jump very high - it is sufficient for you to jump 3-4 cm.
- Once you have mastered the basic jump, you can try other jump rope techniques: double turn, single leg hop, crossover, etc.