17 Men Who Have Overcome Their Embarrassment and Confessed Their Love for “Girly” Things
Several years ago, Johnny Depp confessed that he collected Barbie dolls and played with them alongside his daughter. This was a way for him to prepare and rehearse for a role. Other men also find pleasure in activities that are considered “girly”. And recently, brutal bikers and sailors told Reddit how they celebrate themselves without being controlled by stereotypes.
We at Bright Side couldn’t pass on these heart-melting stories and are eager to share some of them with you.
I really love pore strips. My job can get greasy, and sometimes I’m working on a boat for weeks at a time, where I get covered in grease and rust on a daily basis. The most satisfying feeling was using a pore strip the day I got back. It was absolutely heavenly. My only plight is that I can never find them advertised for men, but the lady on the box always has great skin so I don’t mind. © chuminmybucket
- I like to pick and arrange flowers. They look awesome. © BadRASSh
- Girly shampoo and conditioner are so much better than men’s. © capdoc
- When my wife is out of town and I have the night to myself, I will oftentimes take a long hot bath, maybe even with bubbles, use my wife’s nice skincare products afterward, put on my bathrobe, and have a nice herbal tea while I watch old movies. My wife doesn’t know I do this. I can’t wait until the day she returns unexpectedly to find her husband spa-dayed just chillin’. © Billionairez
I wear aprons that were my grandmother’s when cooking. They make me think of her standing at the stove, preparing her excellent dinners. I don’t care if they’re “for ladies” (one of them even has honeybees and sunflowers). © Back2Bach
Cross stitching. It sounds super stupid and something that old ladies do. I was an intern at my church and we were putting on a craft camp for kids. I had to learn how to cross-stitch in order to teach kids how to do it. It ended up being so much fun. I have made all kinds of Star Wars and comic book characters as well as decorations. © abertTheGreat
- Pedicures for sure. My girlfriend took me and it was amazing. © ButteryPancake55
- Romantic TV shows and movies. I just like the feeling when 2 people are happy together, ok? © TheFenixxer
- My wife and I wear the same size clothes. If she buys a pair of pants that I think I can pull off (and that actually has pockets), you’re g*dd**** right I’ll wear ’em. © bigchillrob
- Every time I go out drinking I get the girly cocktails while everyone else gets their super wheaty IPAs and whiskey on the rocks. I’m out to enjoy myself, not to burn my esophagus trying to prove my manliness. © TheMagnificentBean
- I listen to Lana Del Rey at the gym. She’s glorious. © JBCatharsis
- I’ve got 2 stuffed animals. They travel with me in my work-backpack (I obviously don’t run around showing them off) and they sleep in my bed. I’m 26. © Correctedsun
- I wear my towel around my chest when I get out of the shower. © Gsweet87
I braid my hair. When alone and if I have time I can make all the basic braids: pigtails, french, dutch, milkmaid, crown braids and so on. I know how to weave ribbons through my braids, flowers and other decorations. I braid my girlfriend’s hair and her friends’ - they think it is amazing — I don’t think anyone has any idea I practice on myself. © CertainThrowaway9
- For a few years now I’ve had fun imagining what my wedding might be like (e.g. picking out songs, time of day, etc.). © Doggo_Caliente
- I had a secret Pinterest years ago with wedding ideas, lmfao. © meltedeyeballs
- I got a list: I love to cook, bake, sew and knit. Pretty much every Sunday my daughters and I make muffins from scratch. I have made a few shirts and knitted several hats, scarves, gloves, and slippers. More than a few times when I’ve done some knitting out in public, I’ve gotten some pretty crazy comments. Doesn’t matter to me because I enjoy it, and I feel good when I can give someone a very personal gift. © catcoach
What reaction would you have if you caught your man “spa-dayed”? We’d be glad to hear from you in the comments!