20 Ladies Shared the Smoothest Pickup Lines That Made Them Fall Harder Than Ever
The Internet is full of stories about flirting fiascos and cringy advances that only leave a sour taste in your mouth. But if it was always the case, we would never be able to meet anyone or form new relationships. So women on Reddit were prompted to share their personal stories of when flirting was so on-point, they immediately fell for it.
Bright Side took the sweetest, strangest, and wittiest responses and is presenting them for you to enjoy. Be sure to check out the end of the article for a pickup line that didn’t work out.
- I’m British, and I came over to the States on a temporary work visa to work during ski season with Vail Resorts. I was bartending, and a couple of snowboarders come in and start talking to me. It came up that I was only there for the season, then one of them says, “I’ll marry you so you can stay. But we have to go on a date first.” We just celebrated our 13-year anniversary, and I’m still in Colorado. © sambob_squarepants / Reddit
- Told me he likes to draw and asked for my number so he could send me some examples. Then he freehanded a picture of a moose for me. © SufficientCow4 / Reddit
- He said, “I caught feelings for you,” and I looked at him, confused. He showed me my screen and that he had caught a Pokémon for me and gave it the nickname “feelings.” We are married and have 2 kids now. © onfusedcantaloop / Reddit
- When I was 10, I received a love letter from a boy. It contained a flower inside, and at the bottom of the letter, he wrote some cheat codes for Mortal Kombat for me. He knew I was always playing that game on my Sega. © soybutteraddict / Reddit
- Was riding home with a friend group. We stopped to drop off the one guy, and I got out to stretch. I mentioned that the stars were so much more visible up there in the mountains, and he said, “Yeah, they’re really pretty. Wish I had someone to watch ’em with.” We got married the next year and are celebrating 12 years this June. © DeathChicken54 / Reddit
- We were laying on the floor listening to records and he turned to ask me what time it was. I think it was 4 if I remember. Then he said, “Wow, you’ve been here 4 hours and I haven’t kissed you yet?” Still makes me smile, and needless to say, it worked very well. © gjdsxx / Reddit
- He said, “I have a riddle for you,” then he took my hand and traced a line down the middle of my palm. “This is a river. It’s too wide to jump over, too deep to wade across, too fast to swim across, and too long to go around. There is a bunny stuck on one side of it. How does the bunny cross the river?”
After about 10 minutes of me trying to guess the answer, I gave up and asked him how the bunny got across the river. He said, “Who cares? I just wanted to hold your hand!” © KitKatPattywhaks / Reddit
- I met my (now) husband while I was in the hospital. He worked there and I was a frequent patient, unfortunately. He would bring daffodils to my room, or apple juice. He “snuck” me extra warm blankets and would sit with me before/after his shift. When I got out, he offered to get groceries and wash my hair. All of it just as a friend. He knew I wasn’t interested in dating while going through everything, so he was just THERE. Turns out I happened to like him THERE and we are celebrating our twelfth anniversary this year. © GypseboQ / Reddit
- We were classmates in college. I made a comment once about my eyeliner running out, and he brought one to school the next day. Found out from his brother after we started dating that he had spent like an hour at the store asking the makeup employees for the right one since he had no idea what an eyeliner pen was. We’ve been married for 4 years now and he’s still a total sweetheart. © dammitnoobnoob / Reddit
- We were walking quietly at night and he stopped, looked me in the eyes, and said, “I think you just broke my writer’s block.” When we parted ways he went home and wrote the first song he’d written in months. I melted when he said it. © canyonbreeeze / Reddit
- My first boyfriend came into the store where I was working and just straight up told me he had seen me through the window and needed to run home to clean up/put on something nice so he could come back and ask me on a date. It was super endearing! © JawIsStronk / Reddit
- I like sunsets, they’re kind of my thing. I photograph them and have sold calendars about them. I just like sunsets. Anyway... I was participating in a medical study, and we were sequestered to our room for 14 days. The guy I liked would send me pictures of the sunset each night because he didn’t want me to miss any. © ceerz / Reddit
- We met at a Halloween house party. When I was going to leave, he walked me to the room with all the coats, which also happened to be a kid’s room, and he asked, “What color crayon would you like to write your phone number with?” I married him. Celebrated 20 years. © Constantlearner01 / Reddit
Bonus: This one started out strong, but then...
What flirting techniques 100% worked or would work on you? Share your cheesy stories with us!