9 Ways to Quickly and Easily Recognize a Pickup Artist
There is a type of man who spends a night with a woman and never calls back, and they have their own tricks and rituals that always work. So don’t get too excited if you meet a charming guy because he might not want a long-term relationship. If you want things to be stable, you should avoid these men.
To help you avoid becoming a victim of such men, we at Bright Side have collected the top warning signs that a man doesn’t want a serious relationship. However, we hope that the guy you met is not one of them.
1. He doesn’t call you within the first 3 days.
If you agreed to call each other, and you’ve been waiting for 3 days already, and you are ready to forget about him...and then he calls you, this is a warning sign. Professional pickup artists believe that this is the best time for a call.
2. He looks extremely self-confident.
Such men know that self-confidence is their advantage. More than that, this method works even if there is no reason to be confident. The most important thing is to show that he is a real macho and everything is under his control (you may never know what these things really are).
3. He openly flirts with other girls to draw your attention.
This is the oldest and most efficient method. If a man is popular among other women, he must be a heck of a guy! Of course, he won’t go too far because his real target is you. Pay attention to his behavior when there are other people around. If he is acting, you will understand it very quickly.
4. He tries to touch you every chance he gets.
There is a difference between the way a man touches you when he is in love with you and when he just wants to spend a night with you. Strangely enough, he will touch you less in the first case than in the second. A man who only needs fun for one night will touch you in any situation (appropriate or not).
5. He says exactly what you want to hear, just like in a fairy tale.
If you meet a guy and on the first day he tells you everything you’ve heard from every other man in your entire life, this is a warning sign. When a man wants to seduce you, he wants to make a storm of emotions. Ordinary men don’t usually show their emotions so openly or quickly.
6. The way you met each other was very strange.
If you feel like the way you met a guy was strange or unusual, maybe it was staged. The most important thing the guy wants to do is impress you very much in order to capture you.
7. He always looks perfect.
A polished appearance, good clothes, and the smell of a good cologne are signs that should make you alert. Some men don’t care about their appearance quite that much. But there is nothing wrong with a man looking stunning...unless you notice other warning signs.
8. He seems to be a very well-educated and well-mannered person.
Again, if you met a man who is very intelligent, it doesn’t mean that he only needs a woman for one night. However, if he is trying to demonstrate his knowledge or if that knowledge is a little one-sided, be alert. A real poetry fan should know more than just one poem.
9. He is mysterious and enigmatic.
Women have always been attracted to men who are mysterious. The less we know, the more interest we have. Pickup artists know this very well and use it to their advantage. If he asks a lot of questions about you but you still know nothing about him, he is either a spy or a guy who is trying to manipulate you.
Bonus: What to do to avoid manipulation
- If you don’t believe the compliments, ignore them. The same goes for touching. Keep the person at arm’s length. If the person is really interested in you, this will only make the interest stronger. A pickup artist will be repelled and will look for a simpler target.
- Try to find out as much information about the person as possible. Watch the way he answers. If he does it reluctantly and changes the topic, this is a warning sign.
- If you are really worried that the guy might be manipulating you, don’t answer his calls. Try to postpone your date. A guy who doesn’t want a serious relationship will give up.
Remember that our pieces of advice are just recommendations and that every situation is unique. More than that, women have a great tool: intuition. If it tells you that something is wrong, then don’t make any quick decisions. However, if you just want to have fun, then relax. What are your tips for recognizing pickup artists? Share them with us in the comment section below!
Preview photo credit katalyst / facebook