Touching Stories About Love That Could Melt Even The Coldest of Hearts
Sometimes it seems like people today have become so hardened that they’re no longer capable of expressing true feelings. But in reality, love is everywhere around us — all you need to do is look around! For example, you may see an elderly couple supporting each other on the bus in order not to fall down, or a loving woman meeting her upset husband after work. Touching stories like these and many others are featured in this heartwarming article.
Bright Side has collected 9 of the most touching stories from Overheard and Chamber #6. After reading them, there is a good chance your mood will be lifted causing you to hug your loved ones or call a friend that you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- “I set a password on my laptop because I didn’t want my husband to play tanks on it, making my computer vulnerable to viruses. I told my husband that I’d let him use it if he could guess the password in 3 tries. He guessed it on the first try with, ’Iloveyou’ ”.
- “My granddad was taken to the hospital due to a micro stroke 3 days before his 47th anniversary with my granny. But he managed to surprise her even while being in the hospital: He wrote her a poem and went outside to buy flowers despite his doctor’s orders. When my granny came to visit him and saw him with flowers, tears started to shed from her eyes.”
- “Once my girlfriend told me that she used to have a book of fairytales in her childhood and that her mom used to read her. The book was from the ’50s and quite old, but my girlfriend loved it. She even found its photos on the internet and showed them to me. She left her book in another country when she was moving away. I found out where I could buy the book and gifted it to her. It was the first time in my life that I saw a person cry out of happiness. Turns out I found the very book she had during her childhood — it even had her mom’s signature inside.”
- “I came home shaking in anger. Seeing my condition, my husband filled a bathtub full of hot water with scented foam, put me there, gave me a couple of toy ducks and asked what had happened. I arranged a fight between these ducks while at the same time complaining about life; all while he was putting pieces of chocolate into my mouth between pauses to take a breath.”
- “I was on a bus when an elderly couple entered it at one of the bus stops. They were very old. The lady was lovingly holding her gentleman’s hand very tightly while he was holding hers back as if it was the only support around. They didn’t occupy any seats because they were going to only one bus stop. When their bus stop was announced, the old lady said, ’Come on, bounce off me and let’s go!’ At that moment, I thought it would be nice to find a person just like that who would always support me.”
“I live with my mom and have a boyfriend. We were getting ready for a wedding when my mom suddenly got ill. She was fired from work and the money flow to our family reduced drastically. On top of that, we started to spend a lot of money on medicine. One day, I cried about it on my boyfriend’s shoulder only to have him leave suddenly. I assumed that he decided to leave me having known about my problem. But after one week he came back with a thick envelope saying, ’Get yourself whatever you need and don’t be upset anymore.’ Turns out, he sold his car to help us.”
“We have been married for 8 years and my husband hardly ever says he loves me. He prefers to express his feelings with actions such as cooking a nice dinner or doing homework with our son. Yesterday he managed to surprise me completely: he put my home dress on a warmer so that I could change out of my cold outside clothes into a warm dress when I came home. I don’t care about flowers and loud words, love is about actions.”
- “Today I realized that love is all around us. My mom was getting ready to leave for her studies in another city. My sad dad was following her around all day long. Then my mom asked, ‘How are you going to live if I die?’ He answered, ” I won’t live, I’ll lie next to you.’ “
- “I was getting a manicure when my nail artist’s husband came in in a bad mood. The girl said, ’Can
you wait 5 minutes? We have a ritual.’ I thought they were about to make love and expected to hear smooching behind the door, but instead, she hugged him tightly while leaning against his chest as he inhaled the smell of her hair repeating, ’Thanks, you are my happiness.’ Then he kissed her forehead and let her return to me. If someone ever tells me that love doesn’t exist, I’ll throw a stone at them.”
Do you or your friends have similar stories? We would be glad to read them in the comments!