10 Common Mistakes Women Make With Lingerie and How to Avoid Them
Do you ever find yourself in a situation where you’re looking at new underwear thinking, "It’s so gorgeous! I will buy it right away!"? If yes, ladies, this article is for you.
Bright Side gathered for you the 10 most common mistakes women make when buying underwear. See if you recognize yourself at least once.
1. Bra fabric
Don’t wear lacy underwear under tight pants or slim turtlenecks of bright colors. It will create a certain roughness on the fabric, and people might notice what kind of bra you’re wearing. The uneven surface of your clothes might ruin the aesthetics of your overall look.
- Choose smooth seamless bras instead. Another great option is to wear a wire-free seamless contour bra.
Some women really want to look like those girls on the covers of magazines. In pursuit of the perfect look, they buy shapewear of a smaller size. Remember, this approach is wrong and really harmful to your body. You can only wear shapewear for less than 6 hours. Otherwise, the blood flow will be disrupted, especially if you’re wearing a wrong size.
- It’s very important to choose smooth shapewear in the correct size.
3. Bra size
Some girls believe that a bra of a smaller size can create the effect of bigger breasts. However, you should know that too big a bra won’t fit properly and can cause backache. If it’s too small, it can disrupt the blood flow. This is why doctors advise you to choose underwear wisely.
- The straps of a well-fitted bra don’t slip down, and the bra shape doesn’t squeeze anything. If you want your breasts to look bigger, use push-up bras that have a layer of padding or foam.
4. Underwear color
Wearing a black bra under a white blouse was once a top trend. Now this kind of mismatch is considered to be tacky and inappropriate.
- Choose flesh-colored underwear for thin fabric blouses and white pants.
It is believed that as soon as you get home, you should take off your bra and give your breasts a rest. However, this is only true for those with smaller breast sizes. In all other cases, if you don’t wear a bra at home, your breast ligaments might stretch out.
- The best option for homewear is a sports bra. It lets your skin breathe, holds up your breasts, and causes no discomfort.
Clothes that are 100% cotton are very comfortable and safe for your health, but they stretch out very quickly and tear apart.
- For your underwear fabric, you should choose 80% cotton and 20% elastane.
7. Favorite panties style
A lot of women love to wear thongs because they look great and are invisible under clothes. Thongs are usually made with synthetic fabrics that can irritate sensitive skin and cause bacterial growth and irritation of some areas.
- Avoid wearing thongs every day, or at least try to switch to more comfortable styles from time to time.
8. Matching top and bottom
Lingerie sets have a lot of good features. First, the top and bottom are made of the same fabric and match each other perfectly. Second, the same pattern and color will make your look harmonious and elegant.
9. Everyday underwear
Another common mistake that many women make is wearing shapewear or silk underwear every day. By doing so you can face a lot of negative consequences: from bad body shape to health problems.
- The perfect everyday underwear is sleep panties. They have a perfect fit, they are made of high-quality fabric, and they suit almost all body types.
10. Underwear that suits your body type
For a pear body shape, with most of its weight in the bottom part, you should wear simple shorts or lace shorts. They will shape up your tush.
Women with curves or an hourglass body shape might enjoy wearing high-rise panties. They won’t roll up and will provide the perfect comfortable fit.
Boxers for women and Brazilian-cut bikinis can help make your legs visually longer. If you have short legs, try to avoid boxers and shorts — choose to wear string bikini panties instead.