10+ Uses for Aluminum Foil That Made Us Regret Not Using Them Before
If you only use aluminum foil when you need to keep food fresh or fix your hair, you are really wasting its potential. Its sturdy yet malleable texture makes it useful in a lot of everyday situations that you never would have thought of.
We at Bright Side love hacks that can save your day in a pinch, so we’re sharing some of our favorite aluminum foil tricks that might surprise you.
1. Wrap your feet in foil to treat aches and pains. Its chemical elements help regulate your body’s energy and speed healing.
2. Make a temporary replacement with it if you lose your car’s fuel door.
3. Some sturdy leftover aluminum foil can be made into an easy dipping cup for the fries it helped bake.
4. Use it to clean rusty chrome.
5. Help boost your Wi-Fi speed.
6. Heat up your house by putting foil behind your radiator.
7. Keep your coffee warm.
8. Create a shell for food, place over boiling water, and cover. Voila! You have an instant steamer.
9. “When you don’t want to buy a smaller pan for just one recipe:”
10. Protect your counter from that nasty bacon grease splatter.
11. Wrap it around a candle to help control soot.
12. Sharpen an old pair of scissors.
13. Roll them up into balls and put them in your dryer...they’ll remove static and help the clothes dry faster.
14. Convert AAA batteries into AA batteries.
15. When you’re working on your car and you can’t find a funnel, just make one...
16. Foil might help stop your cat from scratching up your furniture.
Bonus: With a little imagination, step up your holiday decorations, like this Christmas castle.
What are some other life hacks using aluminum foil that you like to use? Please share with us in the comments!
Illustrated by Alena Tsarkova for BrightSide.me