11 Innovative Kitchen Tips for Those Who Don’t Like to Spend a Lot of Time Cooking
Who doesn’t like to save time cooking instead of spending hours over the stove? You don’t have to be a professional chef to make a healthy and tasty dish quickly. You just need to know several helpful tricks.
Bright Side gathered for you 11 of the most useful kitchen tips that will make any cooking process shorter and easier.
1. Soak pasta before cooking so that it’s done in 60 seconds.
It may sound weird but it really works! Soak pasta in water in a leakproof container and leave it for several hours or overnight. After that, you can cook the pasta really quickly in boiling water or just add hot sauce to it.
2. Cut a mango into even cubes in less than a minute.
It’s the quickest and easiest way to peel a mango and cut it for a salad.
3. Add baking soda to caramelize onions 2 times faster.
Add 1/2 or 1 tbsp of baking soda to 2 lb of onions right after they turn slightly brown in a frying pan. Right before your eyes the onions will caramelize and won’t burn.
4. Grate parmesan or any other kind of cheese at room temperature.
At room temperature, cheese becomes softer and is easier to grate.
5. Remove an avocado pit in 1 second.
To remove a pit, you should use a sharp knife and be very careful. The easiest way to do it is to put the avocado on a cutting board.
6. Freeze meat to cut it quickly for frying or making stew.
Thanks to this tip you’ll get perfectly even, thin slices of meat that won’t take much time to cook.
7. Cook once and use leftovers to make other dishes.
Turkey or pork are not-easy-to-cook foods and take a lot of time to make, but they’re perfect for family meals. The leftovers can be used to make different dishes during the weekdays. Keep leftovers in sealed containers and use them to make sandwiches, salads, and snacks.
8. Cut a stick of butter into pieces to make it soften much faster.
You can also place butter near a stove to warm it while you’re cooking something else.
9. Learn to peel potatoes quickly.
Put potatoes into boiling water for 30 seconds. Then put them into a bowl of cold water. After 30 seconds, you can peel the potatoes with bare hands. No effort needed due to the temperature difference. Another way is to keep the potatoes in salted water for 15-20 minutes.
10. Cut a pineapple into even pieces in 2 minutes.
Use a very sharp knife to cut a pineapple into 4 halves and then cut each half into pieces. Easy!
11. Quickly cook vegetables in sparkling water.
Use sparkling water instead of still water to cook vegetables. Bicarbonate in mineral water breaks up vegetable cellulose and speeds up the cooking process. It will also make vegetables softer while keeping their color bright.
Do you know any secrets that can ease the cooking process? Share them with us in the comments.