12 Tricks That Helped Our Grannies Look Stunning
One can easily get lost among the modern products for beauty and skincare. New beauty products appear daily — once you start to use a BB-cream, a new CC-cream becomes trendy. But there is one thing that always remains the same — beauty tips from our grannies.
The ladies of Bright Side collected the best beauty secrets for you from their grannies that will probably be trendy forever.
For healthy hair
- If your hair has a greenish tinge (this is specifically for blonde girls), tomato juice can be a big help. Apply it to the entire length as a mask and leave it on for 10 minutes. The red pigment neutralizes the green tinge and your hair will look gorgeous again.
- Aspirin can help fight dandruff. Dandruff is a peculiar form of fungus and acetylsalicylic acid suppresses the development of the disease. In order to get rid of this scaly skin, add 2 pounded aspirin tablets into your shampoo and wash your hair with it for 2 weeks.
- You can lighten your hair without using chemical dyes with the help of a concoction of chamomile and lemon juice. Pour a glass of hot water onto 25g of chamomile and let it soak for 1 hour. Afterwards, add the juice of half a lemon and apply to the full length of hair. Keep this mixture on your hair for at least one hour or longer. If you put on a shower cap and wrap your head with a towel, the effect will be stronger.
- To keep your hair smooth and healthy, rinse it with apple cider vinegar mixed with water after each washing. It will help hair follicles to close and your hair will become soft and shiny.
For healthy skin and rosy cheeks
- If, due to lack of sleep, dark circles appear under your eyes, cut a potato in half and hold it on the dark circles. Your skin will become lighter within 15 minutes.
- Strips for blackheads can easily be replaced with a very simple and natural recipe. Mix 1 tsp each of honey, flour, and water, then place the mixture on a cotton ball and apply it to the problem area. Remove after 10-15 minutes.
- Aloe can help greatly in fighting acne. You should cut a leaf of aloe in half and apply its pulp side to the problematic area with the help of a bandaid. Since aloe has an antiseptic effect, the inflammation will disappear quickly.
- Use lemon juice in order to remove scars from dark pimples and even the pimples themselves. The acid that it contains helps to bleach scars, lighten the skin, and dry pimples. All you need to do is squeeze a fresh lemon, apply the juice on those dark spots or pimples, and leave it overnight.
For winning men’s hearts
- To help your perfume last longer, store the bottle in the fridge.
- To prevent overdoing it with perfume, spray it onto your comb and brush your hair.
- Your wrist can be of great help in choosing the right color blush. Pinch the skin on the inside of the wrist. The color of the reddened skin will be the color of blush that suits you best.
- To improve blood circulation and hence the color of your face, lower your head down and press on your neck for 15 seconds. Blood will flow to the face and a slight blush will appear on your cheeks.
What beauty secrets has your granny shared with you? Please tell us about them in the comments!
Preview photo credit Shutterstock