15 Brilliant Ways to Get a Smarter Home by Using Everyday Things
Some things that we all have at home can be used for way more than they were designed for. Sometimes it’s really worth forgetting the original purpose and using a little bit of imagination and creativity, the new use for the old stuff can make your life so much easier. Like that French coffee press. Who would’ve guessed that it’s a brilliant tool for rinsing rice? Simple, practical, and genius.
We at Bright Side are always looking for any tricks and hacks for homes and have prepared this selection for our readers. Let’s have a look at some these twisted uses for very ordinary items.
1. Use a coffee press to rinse your rice (or any other grain) before cooking to avoid spillage.
2. An aluminum foil ball can be used to remove those stubborn stains on stainless steel utensils.
3. Got a roasting pan with a rack? Use it to store pan lids.
4. Use a shower ring to hold all your hair ties in one place.
5. Dryer sheets can be used to tame frizz and static in hair.
6. Leftover eggshells can double as plant fertilizer or pest repellent in your garden.
7. No need for a fancy headphone stand. Use pins instead.
8. Use lemon essential oil to get rid of stickers without any mess.
9. Upcycle soda can lids to hang photo frames.
10. Use duct-tape to clean up that little bit of dust that gets stuck between the floor and the edge of the dustpan.
11. Don’t have a car air freshener? Dryer sheets are a great solution for a bad smelling car.
12. Hang chalk in your closets to keep your clothes smelling fresh.
13. Use your stand mixer to shred chicken quickly and easily.
14. Magazine racks work great as a way to stack up things in the fridge.
15. Sprinkle cornmeal on your window panes to get rid of pesky ants.
Which one are you going to try first? Or maybe you have some cool tricks that would be a good addition to our selection? Make sure you tell us in the comment section below.