15 Smart Hacks to Give Your Old Junk a Second Chance
People are neverending Earth consumers. We’re used to throwing items away and buying new ones as soon as they lose their neat looks or need a repair. However, there’s a solution that helps us give back to the place we’ve taken things from.
Bright side wants to suggest 10+ ways to lower your consumption by turning junk into useful stuff.
15. Turn your old, stained ladder into a fancy shelf.
Sometimes we don’t see how our junk can become pretty decorations for our home. Thankfully, there are individuals to shed some light on how easily we can repurpose things that usually end up in the dumpster.
14. This old car tire may be used as the sole of our favorite shoes.
Don’t run to the clothing stores the second your favorite footwear gets ruined soles. You can still save it!
- Find a car tire you won’t be using anymore.
- Get a box cutter and remove a piece of the tire.
- Measure the size of your shoe and mark the corresponding outline on the piece of the tire you’ve just found.
- Now, use strong glue to attach the tire to the sole of the shoe.
- Cut off the protruding parts.
- It’s ready to wear!
13. A seat belt buckle appears to be a convenient key holder.
12. Found a pair of old rackets? Make a couple of stylish mirrors out of them!
This hack is all about cutting the right shape out of a mirror. Once you do so or find one, fit it inside the racket and put it on the wall.
11. Take your hoodie and grant your pet a self-made bean bag.
Animal lovers will be pleased to have the chance to make their pets happier with this comfy bed. Simply fill it up with foam rubber or cotton wool, form it into a circle-shaped pillow, and sew the ends of the sleeves.
10. Use a plastic can to grow your favorite greens right in your kitchen.
9. A pair of old boots can be used as marvelous plant pots.
Try making a new home for your plants and a delight for your eyes with this hack. From now on, the cold weather will be a bit less of an issue for these guys.
8. Transform used tin cans and plastic bottles into captivating homes for plants.
7. Get creative and get some empty bottles to brighten your place up!
All people are artists. Some of them remain asleep forever though. It’s high time to awaken your inner Da Vinci. Here’s a nice possibility: pick some empty bottles, paint along with brushes and let your creativity flow.
6. Instead of sitting around and gathering dust on the shelves, your old books can become shelves themselves.
5. Well, there’s nothing you can do with your old door, right? How about a new kitchen table?
The furniture we bought at a store can rarely be compared to the pieces we make with our own hands. Nevertheless, if you’ve got spare material that you’re not ready to say goodbye to, just turn it into something new. For instance, a kitchen table.
4. Make your friends wonder how you saved your old clothes with turmeric.
It’s always a problem to pick the right look for each and every day but there’s a solution to this issue. How about painting your clothes into new colors? Turns out, turmeric is not only great for nutrition.
3. Create candle jars out of old teacups.
Imagine how much wax we waste throughout our lives by throwing away little pieces of candles. Here is an idea: save these pieces in one box and gather all the wax from them. Melt it and pour it all into an old cup, put a candle wick inside and voila, you’ve got a self-made candle.
2. An empty egg carton isn’t only good for storing eggs, it works great with jewelry too!
While it may seem a bit odd at the beginning, painting it the color you enjoy will soon make you forget it’s an egg box you’re using to store your precious jewels in.
1. Take a worn-out chair, paint it, cut it in half, and compose an extravagant shelf.
Perhaps your guests will be confused by such an exclusive design. It will take a lot of effort to construct this but at the end of the day, it’ll be worth it.
Bonus: Handy ways to reuse tights.
Did you find these ideas worth trying? Do you personally reuse your stuff? In what ways? Dazzle us with some of your innovative tips on how to efficiently repurpose junk.