21 Makeup Tips That Will Make You Look Like a Model
Every girl tries to perfect her makeup skills, and we usually succeed. However, there are some really useful things that not every girl knows, but these will simplify any makeup routine.
We at Bright Side decided to provide you with some useful tips.
- Start applying your lipstick in an X at your Cupid’s bow, and extend it out to the corners of your mouth. This will make your makeup look more intense.
- If you choose a bright color, make the rest of your makeup simple. Otherwise, it can create a clown effect.
- Harsh liplines will ruin your look. It’s best to blend lines.
- Always apply a primer before using eye shadow. It reduces the issue of oily and creased lids.
- Use high-quality brushes to apply eye shadow. Otherwise, your makeup could disperse.
- Apply a white shadow in combination with bright colors to make them more vibrant.
- Don’t apply eyeliner like a marker — it will look rather harsh. Instead, gradually make thin and accurate lines.
- When applying eyeliner, don’t look straight at the mirror. It’s better to get close, raise your head a bit, and bring your chin toward the mirror. Look down, and start applying at the inner corner. Continue that way.
- Don’t stick to only black eyeliner. You can try using different colors according to your skin tone. Brown colors, from light to dark, are best suited to light skin colors, especially with green eyes and blonde hair.
- Always wipe off excess mascara on a tissue to prevent clumps because they ruin your makeup.
- Sweeping the wand through the roots of your lashes and zigzagging as you work your way up is the best way to apply mascara.
- Don’t wear waterproof mascara every day. We use it for its lasting effect, but it contains more harmful chemicals than the usual ones.
- Always choose a larger brush for applying face powder so that it lies as accurately as possible.
- Use powder if you want to get rid of shine only. Even in that case, try to confine it to the T-zone (nose and forehead). Add just a light dusting everywhere else.
- Powder can greatly age you and highlight wrinkles and hair. So you shouldn’t use it on a daily basis.
- Use different concealer for different jobs. Under-eye circles are best covered with peach tones, and green tones are for red spots. Use them first, and then follow with another layer of concealer in your usual skin tone.
- Don’t put concealer on your eyelids as a base because it will make your eye makeup crease. And to make wrinkles disappear under your eyes pat a small amount of Jojoba oil into the lines and the skin will look fresh again.
- Don’t put too much of it in one area — layer it instead. Apply a small amount at first, let it dry, and then apply another layer.
- Trace brown pencil or powder along the tops of your eyebrows for a facelift.
- A common mistake is to make eyebrows look like they are drawn on. Always keep eyebrows looking as natural as possible.
- However, don’t skip filling in your eyebrows if they are sparse. Don’t use dark pencils — it’s better to use an eye shadow combined with an angled brush instead.
- To stop cakey foundation use oil in your daily routine. Plus try to leave 30 minutes to an hour between applying skin care and foundation.
- Your jawline and chest are the most suitable areas to test a new foundation product when choosing the right shade.
- In case you need to lighten foundation that is darker than you need, apply it with a wet sponge. You can also mix it with different beauty products, such as concealer or powder that are lighter in color, moisturizer or primer.
Any beauty tips we’ve missed? Share them in the comments!