22 Tricks That Can Beat Your Everyday Troubles Better Than a Magic Wand
Life is a complicated yet really interesting thing. Sometimes we think that if we could just eliminate some difficult situations, it would be perfect. For example, a sudden headache, an urge to eat a lot of ice cream, or that sleepiness that comes at the end of a work day.
Bright Side was elated to find these tricks that can help us avoid at least 80% of these unsavory problems and forget about them forever.
- To put a bracelet on by yourself, you just need an ordinary paper clip. Unfold the clip into an S-shape and hook one end through the clasp. Then hold the other end of the paper clip in your bracelet hand and fasten the clasp with your free hand.
- To avoid sweat stains, put 2 pantyliners into the shirt prior to putting it on, and press each one onto the fabric for about 15 seconds.
- Put a carrot on top of something unhealthy in your fridge (ice cream, hamburger, etc.). This trick will make you think twice before you binge on junk food.
- Suffering from a bad headache? Put your feet and hands in warm water and place something cold at the base of your skull. Your headache will disappear in a few minutes. You can also eat 10-12 almonds: they work as good as 2 aspirin pills.
- A headache in different areas tells us a lot about the brain’s needs. Pain in the crown of the head indicates that you have to eat or drink, if the forehead hurts, you need to sleep more, and you’re probably suffering from stress, if the nape of your neck hurts.
- Sleeping naked can help to reduce acne and slow down the process of aging: your blood circulation will improve and your skin will get more air.
- Lemons, oranges, and limes frighten off spiders. Just mix their juice with water and spray in doorways, on windowsills, and anywhere else you’ve seen these nasty creatures.
- Put a brick in the toilet tank. This will help you use less water and save money.
- If your camera has been stolen, go to StolenCameraFinder.com. This site lets people upload the photos they have from stolen cameras.
- You can “teach” your brain to be happy. You just need to think about 3 things that make you feel thankful every day for 3 weeks in a row.
- To remove a splinter, fill a wide-neck bottle 80% full with hot water. Press the bottle to the area with the splinter and hold it for a few minutes. This method will pull the splinter out and help you avoid an infection.
- To protect your car from bird droppings, just leave a toy snake on your car’s roof. Birds are afraid of snakes, so they’ll stay away.
- To protect yourself from insect bites, take vitamin B. This vitamin changes your blood’s odor, which frightens off mosquitoes, fleas, and other bugs.
- You can heat a whole room using a handmade heater. Turn a terracotta pot upside down, set it above some candles, and put some bricks around it.
- An ordinary air freshener will help you get rid of ants. For them, it smells like poison.
- If you want your children to eat more healthy food, give the foods unusual names. For example, if your kid doesn’t like broccoli or carrots, they’ll probably like “broccolinator” and “carrotinja.”
- Every anniversary, try to take a picture with the last year’s photo. This method will help you strengthen your family relationship. Just imagine what this picture will look like many years later.
- While looking for flights, clear your browser’s history. It’ll help you save up to $50. Companies increase their prices by tracking what you’re looking for.
- Being sarcastic can add up to 3 years to your life. Psychologists say it’s extremely useful for our brain and our mental health.
- Some Japanese and Scottish cities use street lamps with blue light. This has been shown to help reduce the crime and suicide rate. Blue light makes the body produce soothing chemical substances. Place a lamp with blue light in your room to reduce stress.
- While learning something by heart, chew gum. Then, before a test or exam, chew gum with the same flavor you chewed while you were studying. This will help your brain remember the information faster.
- Do some stretching exercises for 5 minutes before going to bed. This will help to relax your muscles, and it’ll be easier to fall asleep since you’ll find a comfy position faster.
Which life hack do you think is the most useful?