30 Uses For Coconut Oil You Haven’t Heard Before
Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, the beneficial effect of which shows itself both when taken by mouth and used externally. Bright Side brings to your attention 30 situations where this unique product is simply indispensable.
- When you get a cut or a small wound. Coconut oil contributes to faster wound healing. Just oil the injured area of your skin. NBCI
- Teeth and mouth care. Coconut oil successfully fights fetid breath and dental plaque. Wash your mouth with a tablespoon of melted coconut oil mornings and evenings before brushing your teeth. NBCI
- When suffering from inflammations. This oil has an anti-inflammatory effect. Use it to gargle when coughing, and oil injured areas when they get a burn or an insect bite. jisppd
- When having fever or pain. Coconut oil acts as a fever reducer and a painkiller, which is why it's better to increase its consumption when you have a sore throat or other cold-related illness. NBCI
- When you've got a hangover. Coconut oil consumption reduces the negative consequences of drinking alcohol. NBCI
- For thyroid glands. Studies show that regular consumption of coconut oil improves thyroid gland function. dailyhealthpost
- For bones. The oil consumption averts osteoporosis. It also helps to reduce arthritis pain if you use it to massage joints. NBCI
- Protection from mosquitos. To keep them away, mix several drops of ylang-ylang essential oil with coconut oil and apply to skin. NBCI
- Moisturizing lotion. This product moistens your skin and takes care of it better than any other oil. Wipe your face every day with a sponge moistened with the oil. To avoid skin stretching, move along massage lines. NBCI
- Solution for wrinkles. To fight hateful wrinkles, one should take the oil by mouth and apply to skin. NBCI
- Eye cream. Before going to bed, apply coconut oil around the eyes. If you do it systematically, you'll soon notice the reduction of wrinkles in this area.
- An anti-dermatitis remedy. Systematic use of this product greatly improves the condition of skin suffering from atopic dermatitis. It's recommended to apply pure oil to the diseased skin areas twice a day. NBCI
- Mask for damaged hair. Coconut oil is an effective remedy to restore the health and beauty of your hair. Rub it into the hair roots, and then spread along the whole hair length. Leave the mask for half an hour to an hour, and then wash your hair with shampoo. NBCI
- A dandruff remedy. Coconut oil moistens your scalp and cures dandruff. Apply it to hair roots, and leave overnight. NBCI
- Lip balm. The oil moistens and rejuvenates the skin of the lips, heals cracks, and prevents their further appearance.
- Nail hardener. To deal with brittle and dry nails, apply the oil to the nail plate.
- Body scrub. Mix a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of ground coffee. Coffee is used as an abrasive agent, but you can replace it with finely ground sea salt, sugar, grits, or coconut shavings.
- Skin softener. Use the oil to soften skin on elbows, heels, and around the nails.
For cooking, use edible oil, not a cosmetic one (it should be indicated on the label).
- Frying and baking oil. When heated, unlike some other plant oils, coconut oil fats retain their structure and useful properties. Besides, it gives a spicy aroma to your dishes and enriches their flavor. NBCI
- Seasoning for first and second courses. You can add coconut butter to mashed potato, porridge, and soup. In addition to an interesting flavor, dishes with coconut butter reduce the appetite. NBCI
- Secret ingredient for smoothies. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to any smoothie to make an energizing drink. It's especially useful for those who are watching their figures because this oil contributes to weight loss, however implausible it may sound. NBCI
- Mayonnaise. When making mayonnaise, use coconut oil instead of sunflower oil. You'll get a tasty and healthy product as this oil reduces the level of bad cholesterol. NBCI
- For eggs. Due to its antibacterial properties, coconut oil significantly increases the shelf life of eggs when applied to the eggshell.
For babies and future moms
- For breasts. This oil heals nipple cracks that appear during breastfeeding. It's safe for babies because it doesn't cause allergic reactions.
- Remedy for stretch marks. If you systematically apply coconut oil to your baby bump, it'll help you to avoid stretch marks.
- For baby skin. Studies show that this is the best skin care product for babies. It can be used after a bath and as a massage oil. NBCI
- Prevent diaper rash. Wipe your baby's skin with an oiled tissue when changing diapers to avoid diaper rash.
For daily needs
- Grease for kitchen appliances. Oil meat grinders and blender blades after use. Coconut oil will protect them from rust and keep them sharp longer.
- Furniture polish. Apply some oil to a piece of natural cloth, and wipe the furniture. You can also wipe wooden cutting boards - it'll prevent drying and cracking.
- A stuck zipper. If you cannot unzip your bag or jacket, apply some coconut oil to a zipper to solve this problem.
- Starting a fire. Instead of using chemical liquids, try a cotton ball soaked in coconut oil.
- Leather goods. Coconut oil will make purses, handbags, shoes, gloves, and other leather products shine.