13 Unbelievable Uses for Vinegar You Wish You Knew Before
The first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “vinegar“ is ”Mmm...salad!" But we at Bright Side discovered that this healthy condiment has many other amazing uses and benefits. Not only can it replace the expensive cleaning products under your sink, it can also be used as part of your beauty routine.
White vinegar is one of those products that should be in every home since, in addition to being useful in the kitchen, it also has properties that make it excellent for aesthetic and cleaning tasks.
1. Kill weeds
White vinegar can be very useful to kill grass and any weeds that sprout and inhibit their growth. Apply it by spraying directly onto the leaves of the weeds.
2. Leave your hair silky
For smooth and silky hair, mix 1 part white vinegar with 2 parts water. Spray it all over your hair, let it sit for 10 minutes, and rinse.
3. Neutralize cigarette smoke odors
To neutralize smoke odors, pour vinegar into a bowl and put it in the place where you want to eliminate the bad smell.
4. Make nail polish stay on longer
Before applying the first layer of polish, dip your nails into half a cup of white vinegar for 10 minutes. You will notice that your nail polish will stay on longer.
5. Leave your bathroom sparkling
Vinegar has whitening and antibacterial properties. Dilute 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water, and apply with a sprayer to the area that needs to be cleaned. It will shine like never before.
A clean bathtub is a remedy for the soul too!
6. Remove stains from floors and carpets
To remove stains from floors, mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 2 liters of warm water. To clean carpets, apply the vinegar on the affected area and then add a little detergent. Let it dry, and then rub with a brush and watch the spots disappear.
7. Remove sweat stains
Sprinkle a generous amount of white vinegar onto the affected areas of the garment, leave it for at least 10 minutes, and rinse. Your favorite shirt will look like new.
Apple cider vinegar
Besides being a great salad dressing, apple cider vinegar can also be used in your beauty regimen. To avoid allergic reactions, it is very important to dilute it with water. Apply it at night to avoid contact with the sun, as this can leave spots on the skin.
1. Remove age spots
It helps eliminate dead cells to leave the skin fresh and young. Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to half a glass of water, and apply all over the skin with a cotton pad. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
2. Fight acne and pimples
It removes excess fat from the face, prevents infections, cures post-acne scars, unlocks the pores, and allows the skin to breathe properly.
3. It’s a perfect facial toner
Moisten a cotton ball with a mixture of 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 2 cups of water. Apply to a clean dry face, avoiding the eye area, every night before bed. Do not rinse. Vinegar helps to balance the natural pH levels of your skin, remove impurities, and stimulate the circulation of blood.
4. Cure dandruff
Apple cider vinegar works wonders for dandruff. Mix 1 quarter cup of vinegar with 1 quarter cup of water in a spray bottle. Spritz onto your hair and scalp, wrap your head in a towel, let it sit for 15 minutes, and rinse. You can also add some vinegar to your favorite shampoo.
5. Remove bruise marks
Soak a piece of clean cotton in undiluted apple cider vinegar, apply it directly to the bruise marks, and let it sit for an hour. Anti-inflammatory properties will help soothe injured skin, improve blood circulation, and accelerate the healing process.
6. Relieve mosquito bites
Apple cider vinegar has antiseptic, anti-itching, and antibacterial properties that help get rid of itching and reduce swelling.
General recommendations on using apple cider vinegar on the skin:
- Never apply pure vinegar — always dilute with water. Otherwise, it may stain or cause an allergic reaction on the skin. The recommended ratio is 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water.
- Before using the mixture, stir the container well, as the ingredients are usually separated.
- Before applying it to your face, check that it does not produce any allergic reaction. Apply a little on your hand, let it sit for a few minutes, and, if nothing happens, apply to your face.
- The first time you apply vinegar to your face it is advisable to rinse it with warm water after 5 minutes. You can increase the time for the next applications.
- Remember that these treatments should be done at night to avoid contact with the sun, which can cause sores on the skin.
- You can put diluted apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and use it as a refreshing lotion. Avoid contact with the eyes.
Based on materials from Mejor con Salud