One simple trick to prevent hair sticking to your brush
We all need to brush our hair every day to look our best. Given the number of times many of us use our hairbrushes, it's no surprise that from time to time they become clogged up with accumulated strands of hair. Cleaning them is a tedious and sometimes unpleasant chore.
But now one ingenious vlogger has discovered an incredibly simple yet highly effective way to make this a whole lot easier.
Here's what you have to do:
- Take a dryer sheet, stretch it out, and place it on top of the hairbrush, allowing the bristles to poke through the fabric. It will actually work better if it's a used one.
- Brush your hair as you normally would without the sheet.
- Once you've finished, simply remove the sheet and throw it away.
Watch the video posted by the vlogger Iram, who discovered the trick, for a demonstration:
The benefits of this hairbrush hack:
- The sheet allows for an easy clean-up. After the hair and dust have built up on the brush, the sheet can be removed and tossed out, leaving a clean brush underneath.
- If you use scented sheets, your hair will be left smelling great even if you haven't washed it.
- Because dryer sheets are used to discharge static electricity in the laundry, they can also do the same for hair — meaning smoother, more controllable strands, and fewer flyaways.