People Share Precious Everyday Life Hacks That Evoke a Storm of Gratitude in All of Us
Things like stressing about your belongings when trying to enjoy a beach day, remembering if you took your meds or not, and eating soup without a spoon are no longer problems you’ll have in your life! Because we’ve collected a few ingenious ways to make your life easier.
We at Bright Side are thankful to these innovative people for sharing their life hacks with us and are here to celebrate their cleverness.
1. “Use the wire from takeout containers to stop laundry detergent from dripping/leaking all over your appliances!”
2. “A use for the leftovers in your coffee pot”
3. “Make coffee and eggs at the same time.”
4. “This is how someone in my family closes chips.”
5. “That’s how you get your dog’s attention!”
6. “You can connect 2 ziplock bags by flipping one inside out to make a larger one.”
7. “About 2 minutes after realizing there was no bottle opener in my hotel room, I discovered this gem.”
8. This is how you secure valuable items on the beach:
9. How to reorganize furniture:
10. “Drilling a hole in the ceiling? This saves you from dust debris!”
11. For when you don’t have a selfie stick...or a timer
12. The beginning of trust issues
13. How to easily carry clothes when moving:
14. “Reuse a Pringles can for other snacks that come in bags to avoid loud bag crinkling in the office.”
15. “My dog likes to sleep on my legs. I made her this out of some of my old jeans for her to sleep on while I’m at work.”
16. “My girlfriend came up with a crazy-good microwave life hack for multiple plates! Heats up evenly!”
17. “Keep your toddler busy by letting them paint the fence with water.”
18. “When you don’t want to buy a smaller pan for just 1 recipe”
19. “I keep a whiteboard on my visor for memorizing things.”
20. “No more power cord chaos!”
21. Writing dates and hours on the packaging of your medication eliminates the “did I remember to take it this afternoon or do I need to take it now” problem.
22. “Tie some eucalyptus to your shower head. It will make an amazing scent with the steam.”
23. “Instead of buying expensive cat houses, make them out of cardboard.”
24. “If you’re like me and have a broken laptop hinge...”
25. “When disassembling items, punch your screws through some cardboard and label the sets. This will help you retain your hardware and remember the placement and order of reassembly.”
26. Your washer can be turned into a beer cooler.
27. “The special spork”
28. Use a “decoy book” when your pet won’t let you read.
29. “Put one of these over the switch of your garbage disposal to prevent accidentally turning it on.”
30. “Wear thick wool socks in new shoes around the house for an hour to break them in. It makes shoes much more comfortable.”
31. “Buy carnivorous plants instead of solely using insect repellent.”
32. “Changed one of the earbud rubber pieces to black. Black is right and white is left, so you can quickly see which is which.”
33. “She will thank you later!”
Which one of these would you try? Please share any life hacks of your own in the comments — they’re always welcome!