2D Animator for Actually Happened + Avocado Couple Projects
← All jobs
Bright Side is a media resource that’s visited by around 40 million users a month. It’s one of the largest online communities on both Facebook and YouTube. Our authors write excellent articles, our artists produce striking illustrations, and our video animators bring visual joy through their clips!
Right now our team of animators is growing, and while we have in the past concentrated on our main Bright Side project, we’re currently best known for some of our other cool projects: Actually Happened, Avocado Couple, Health is Wealth, Dark Side, and 7-Second Riddles. Our team of animation specialists is made up of people from North and South America as well as western Europe, which means we now share our experience with colleagues from different corners of the globe on a daily basis.
Here we talk about what our team creates on a daily basis:
We upload new videos every day and each month the amount of subscribers we have increases by more than a million. Doing cool stuff, working efficiently, and producing high-quality content — these are our rules.
We expect the following from potential employees:
- An excellent level of competence in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator (we also consider candidates with a working knowledge of Moho, Toom Boon, and other programming systems).
- A portfolio of work experience in the field of 2D animation (please provide links when you send in your application).
- Work experience in the fields of animation and illustration. A portfolio of work which involved doing animation and drawing work simultaneously is desirable.
- A willingness to complete a test task.
- Our international team is made up of more than 700 people.
- Each one of our projects has different work conditions in effect, depending on the complexity of the animation work involved.
- A convenient work schedule: you define how you want to work, but the most important thing is to put in no less than 6-8 hours of work a day.
- We pay between 75 and 125 euros for 1 minute of animation (we offer an unlimited number of projects to work on per month — you just have to find time for them).
- All illustrations, videos and photographic materials, and background sound effects are expected to be found by the employee themselves using licensed sources.
- A stable income (wages are paid out once a month, between the 1st and 5th day of the month).
- Professional growth and rotation between projects.
- A render farm: we’ve launched this for several projects, which helps to economize significantly on resources.
- Committed and creative colleagues working on projects alongside you (illustrators, scriptwriters, sound editors).
Please send your résumé to email@example.com with the title “Freelance 2D animation specialist for the Actually Happened or Avocado Couple projects.”
Find out how Bright Side is made! It’s cool here!
- Behind the scenes with 5-Minute Crafts: how we create videos for millions of viewers
- How we make Bright Side
- Senior PHP Developer (with or without relocation)
- Community Manager
- Lead Content Manager on YouTube Channel
- Bright Side Writer
- Ideas Finder
- Bright Side Japanese Voices (narrators) wanted!