Senior PHP Developer (with or without relocation)
← All jobs
Bright Side is one of the biggest online publishers in the world. It publishes new articles and videos on social networks and websites for millions of subscribers every day.
Our IT team works on a highly diverse range of projects:
- High-load systems for managing content production
- Cloud solutions for video and animation production
- Internal electronic workflow and payment systems
- A corporate analytics system
- A partner network
- Users’ personal accounts on the system
All technological solutions are unique and designed to meet the requirements of the company’s functioning and specific working characteristics.
Who we’re searching for: A senior PHP developer
What is required apart from a thorough technical understanding of PHP:
- Experience of designing and developing modern high-load web projects.
- A good understanding of the principles of OOP and patterns.
- The ability to write SQL queries and work with MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- An understanding of the differences and spheres of application of the various kinds of DBMS.
- Knowledge of one of the following frameworks: Yii2, Symfony, Laravel, or Zend.
- Knowledge of English with the ability to read technical documentation, at a minimum.
- The ability to write unit tests.
- The ability to work in a team and to explain and describe complex things in simple words.
- An understanding of the basics of Linux, its settings, and its basic administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of Git; the ability to explain how rebase differs from merge.
- An understanding of the principles of SOA, REST, SOAP, and micro-service architecture.
It will be a plus if you have:
- The ability to build UML diagrams.
- Knowledge of HTML, JS, React, and so on.
- A portfolio of articles, publications, or a personal blog.
- Evidence of your own projects on GitHub.
- Possession of a Zend certificate.
We use: PHP7.3, Nginx, PHP-FPM, MySQL, Sphinx, Memcached, RabbitMQ, Git, PHPUnit, ZendFramework, ES6, React, Flux
Additional and interesting programs we use: Elasticsearch, Redis, Docker, Chef, Kubernetes
We have our own Bitbucket and document in Confluence; the whole development process is done through Jira, including planning and Portfolio.
We are working on deployment in k8s and monitor services in NewRelic and LogEntries.
- A very good salary in euros + bonuses
- Work at either one of our comfortable and well-equipped offices in Kazan or Cyprus.
- Working from home is also possible – we hope you have a comfortable chair, work desk, your favorite slippers, and a fridge full of drinks :)
- Work with a cool team of experienced developers and the superb Bright Side staff as a whole.
- Complete relocation package for your whole family.