How to make a stylish case for your sunglasses in just ten minutes
Nowadays, it seems that a lot of cases for sunglasses have become so big that they barely fit in your bag. That's why we at Bright Side have come up with a way to make your own compact, functional, and beautiful case, and we're delighted to share it with you.
You will need: a piece of light cloth measuring 30cm x 30cm, paper, scissors, chalk (instead of this you can also use a marker or anything that leaves a visible mark), a needle, and some thread.
- The first thing you need to do is print out or trace the template for your sunglasses case (below) onto a piece of paper. The size you need obviously depends on the size of your sunglasses. Once you've done so, cut it out using scissors.
- Place the template on your piece of cloth, and draw around it with the chalk/marker.
- Now carefully cut out the template on the cloth. Place your glasses on it to check if it's the right size and make adjustments with the scissors if necessary.
- Now you need a strip of material about 1cm wide and around 35cm long. You can use the same piece of cloth that you used to cut out the above template, or another piece entirely - it doesn't matter.
- Place one end of the strip of material at the center of the template, and sew it in place at two different points with X-shaped stitches, as in the image below.
- And that's it! If the strip of material is too long, simply shorten it by cutting off a piece at the end.