15 Animals That Were Transformed by People’s Love
Scientists have proven that pets have a positive influence on people. And we are convinced that human love and care can also save and transform animals. And this idea doesn’t even need scientists to prove it — just look at the photos of cats and dogs that were taken before and after living with a loving owner.
We at Bright Side are sure that kindness will save the world, especially when it’s shown to those that are weaker than us.
1. “2 weeks before I got him, when he was picked up by animal control after having an abusive owner, and a whole year later as my best friend”
2. “The first picture shows my boyfriend’s cat when he found her in the rain, meowing alone. The second pic is a few days after he cleaned her up and fed her. And the third pic is her today, 6 months after he found her.”
3. “My Romanian rescue Lucy, one year apart. On the left at the shelter, on the right pre-fishy treat”
4. “It’s been 4 months since I found Marley and her puppies. She was living as part of a feral pack for 13 months after being abandoned, and it took me 3 months to gain her trust. She seems to know everything’s going to be alright now.”
5. “Abandoned outside of a shop in September last year — who’d have known she was such cutie! 11 months later, living in a new country and remarkably well-trained.”
6. “When I found Fred on the side of the road he was skittish, neurotic, and sweet as could be. One month later he’s still all those things, but now he’s fat too. Love him more every day.”
7. “Can’t believe this ding dong was in the shelter for over 6 months! We’ve had him for almost 2 years now and cannot imagine life without him.”
8. “What a difference a year makes... From living in an alley in −4°F weather, to queen of the household. Meet Rosie.”
9. “The difference 6 months can make”
10. “This is my love Lape. I found him when visiting home (Lithuania), and brought him back with me to Denmark. He was found in bad condition and had epilepsy. He’s been with us for 4 years now, he’s overcome many issues, including epilepsy, and grown a lot of beautiful hair. He’s the best boy and my biggest love!”
11. “Bones had ringworm when we found him (~8 weeks old), but he still won our hearts. We brought him home and got to work. Here he is happy and healthy (2 years old).”
12. “Archie has found his forever home. We couldn’t love him more.”
13. “April 2018: scared, abused, malnourished, over-bred at 1.5 years. September 2019: trusting, healthy, fixed, incredibly loved. She saved me just as much as I saved her.”
14. “Lily is my Great Pyrenees rescue. Left side, day of adoption and afraid of everything at 18 months old. 6 years later, in-charge of the world”
15. “Odin, the day I found him in a trash can behind a Walgreens and Odin, 5 years later. The bathroom is still his favorite place to hang out.”
Maybe you also have pets that were found on the street or adopted from a shelter? Share the photos of your pets in the comments!