15 Photos Showing How Pets Change Life for the Better
It is amazing how animals influence our lives. They give us their sincere love and emotional support. They reduce our stress levels and sense of loneliness. According to a study, animals can even help us make new friends and form social contacts. And stories of people from around the world inspire us with surprising encounters with their animal friends.
Bright Side has found the most touching and life-changing stories of friendship between people and animals. Warning: after reading this article you may want someone fluffy to take care of.
1. This is Esther, mistakenly represented as a “micro-pig.” Although a 600 pound pet was quite a surprise for her owners, she drove them toward a life-changing decision. They bought a farm, where they could care for animals in need.
2. “I rescued my little dude and it has been hands down the most life-changing, joyful, and overall rewarding thing I’ve ever done. Thousands of animals are neglected every day. If you have the means, consider giving one of these guys a new home, you won’t regret it!”
3. “I grew up my entire life without ever having a pet. Last September, Hugo changed that for me and brightened my world. He is always there to lift my spirits.”
4. This dog named Bunker helped Julie to overcome a hard part of her life. No one psychiatrist or therapist had ever been able to do anything. A slow path of recovery from depression started when Julie adopted a Golden Retriever puppy.
5. When Eric and Peety met, Eric was 150 pounds overweight, depressed, and sick. And Peety was an overweight, middle-aged, and forgotten dog. They started to go on walks, play together, and eat healthy food. As a result, Eric lost 150 pounds, while Peety lost 25 pounds.
6. This Golden Retriever named Summer helped Valeria when she lost her mom and when her husband was deployed with the Navy.
7. Chaton Fife has Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy. And this small dog is her rescuer. When Chaton is about to faint, Dobby barks and runs to her husband to let him know that there’s trouble.
8. This cat named Bob helped his owner, James Bowen, get off of drugs and fix his relationship with his father. His whole life turned around for the better.
9. “She was 2 months old when I brought her home, and she needed me the way blood needs veins. She was impossible. I was impossible. Before I met her, I did not know I could love that much.”
10. “3 lessons I got from Ollie: love more, balance, and let it go.”
11. “I was severely depressed after one of my cats unexpectedly passed away in front of me, and a few days later this little guy came into my life. I had no intentions of keeping him. I clearly failed miserably, but it was a failure I don’t have regrets about.”
12. Lee Aitchison is a British Army veteran. He had to leave service due to an accident that caused a degenerative neurological disease. And it was his black Labrador named Angus who helped him through his darkest days.
13. “I always thought, ‘Do animals really mean that much? Because it’s just an animal.’ I love his tail and I love his little belly! I am losing all my street cred.”
14. Tasmai Uppin says that her dog helped her become body positive, “He seems to be pretty freaking comfortable in the skin he’s in, so why shouldn’t I?”
15. Sara rescued Ginger from being a security dog. After that, they traveled around Africa together. After some time Sara started an organization to rescue and take care of street dogs.
Do you agree that animals can change our lives for the better? Do you have a personal story? We can’t wait to hear it!