12 Bone-Chilling Stories That Will Scare You to Death
We face lots of strange and odd situations in our life, and sometimes we can’t say that they happen by chance.
Bright Side is going to tell you 12 mysterious stories involving ordinary people. It’s up to you whether you believe them or not.
- I was going home by bus when I realized that a strange man was staring at me. I thought angrily, “Why are you looking at me? Do you really think that you’re the only one who can read minds?“ He flinched and ran out at the next stop.
- I was home alone and decided to take a bath. The door was closed. There was a gap at the bottom of the door. Suddenly I noticed someone’s feet behind the door. I started to splash and tried to think what to do. I decided not to go out. And exactly at that moment, someone knocked on the door. I cried, ”John, is that you? Wash your hands in the kitchen. My mom is going to come home. Give me 20 minutes. I’m almost done." The feet disappeared. I was sitting in the bathroom for 5 hours before my husband came home. It appeared that the door was locked from the outside, so it was impossible to open it from the inside.
- I always used to be unlucky, and my girlfriend was very lucky. She had good luck in everything: she won prizes, she found lost things, and so on. Once I was standing and blaming my bad luck when she came up to me, kissed me, and said, “I give you half of my luck!” Yesterday I found $20 dollars, and my boss didn’t notice that I was late. Is she a witch?
- I used to like occultism, I always tried to find rare books, and I even had a special room with all occult stuff. Once I bought a very old and precious book and took it home. Later that night, strange things started to happen. Books were falling down from shelves, my cat was hissing, and doors were slamming. A raven knocking loudly on my window was the last straw. I wish you’d seen it: a mature man with a cat under his arm running out of his house swearing. I got rid of that book.
- Once it rained at night. My girlfriend and I were sleeping when suddenly she woke me up and asked to go to the living room. We went there. 2 minutes later, a piece of ceiling fell down on my side of the bed.
- I finished all the household chores and went for a walk with my daughter. We spent some time at the playground. I decided to go to a big store that was 40 minutes away. We’d been walking for 10 minutes when a stranger appeared and said, “Turn off the oven, you fool.“ I froze and realized that I’d left chicken in the oven. I ran home, looking back and shivering. That stranger took a bus and disappeared.
- It was a really dark night. We were traveling to another city by car. I was so tired that I fell asleep. When someone knocked on the car window 3 times, I couldn’t even understand where I was and what was going on. I looked out of the window and recalled that we were traveling: the road was straight, and my husband was driving. I turned to him and realized that he was sleeping too. ”Jaaames!" He hit the brakes.
- I rented an apartment. Sometimes I noticed that someone was walking in the rooms and calling my name. It was really creepy. One night I came home a bit drunk and suddenly saw a huge man’s silhouette. I wanted to sleep so much that I just threw my shoes at him and said, “Please, not tonight. I’m drunk. I want to sleep.” I didn’t see anything paranormal again. The ghost was probably stunned by my impudence and fearlessness.
- Many people say they have good intuition, but my mom is a very special case. She can wake up 2 minutes before she receives a text from my dad informing her that he is about to land. She can mention a person whom she hasn’t seen for ages, and then they call her that very day. And when I had an accident, she called me the next minute and asked if everything was ok. Unfortunately, I didn’t inherit her talent.
- I was working at the computer with 3 other colleagues in the room. Construction workers were building one more floor above us. Suddenly, someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I felt cold. I turned around, but no one was behind me. I thought that I just needed some rest. I went to get a glass of water, and in the next moment the ceiling fell down on my desk. No one was hurt.
- My sister was really depressed. I was away, and she decided to commit suicide. She went onto the roof, and, before her last step, she answered a phone call. From me. She heard my voice, but I was talking to someone else. I said how I missed home and my sister. This sudden call saved her life, and she went back to her room. It’s a mystery to me why my iPhone messed up at that very moment and called her.
- The night before my first exam, my mom advised me to remember a number that I would see in my dream because it would be the number of my examination card. I woke up too early and didn’t manage to remember my dream. I fell asleep again and saw an examination card under the number 18. As a result, I picked up the 18th examination card during my first exam, picked up the 18th examination card during my second exam, and picked up the... 9th during the last exam. I thought, "Damn, it didn’t work!" But it appeared that our teacher just mixed up all the examination cards to prevent cheating, and the 9th card was the 18th one! Was it just my luck or not?
Do you have such stories as well? Something you can’t explain? Share your experience in the comments!