15 Lessons From the Dalai Lama About Genuine Values
The Dalai Lama is wise, and his life principles are simple to understand. Thousands of people clarify their life values and start believing in themselves thanks to his lessons. Despite the language difference, his words are clear to everyone because he speaks the language of kindness.
Bright Side invites you to take a look at the world through the eyes of the Dalai Lama and hear what he has to say to the world.
- The purpose of life is to be happy. We don't know what will happen in the future, but our hearts need hope. This is what makes us keep going.
- Conflicts arise when we get fixated on the differences between us: nationality, religion, education, wealth. It's far more important to remember that we are all human, which makes us the same in this perspective.
- Friendship doesn't depend on fame, money, or physical strength. It's based on trust and love.
- Every one of us has to learn to work not only for their own good and the good of their family but for the good of humanity. Common responsibility is a concept that ensures the survival of humanity.
- Personal and worldwide changes don't happen fast. But if we don't keep trying, nothing at all will change.
- Technological progress has made our lives more comfortable but has not given us peace of mind.
- If you want to live a happy life, be open and compassionate. This is the basis of genuine friendship. You will be trusted better.
- No changes will happen because of the decisions of the government or the UN. Real changes will happen when people start using their common sense and basing their decisions on values.
- Violence is an outdated way of solving disputes and conflicts.
- It's naive to think that the well-being of humanity depends only on prayers. We need real actions.
- If a human killed an animal, it's sad. But if a human killed another human, it's terrible. We need to make an effort to learn to think about our brothers and sisters who support us.
- I want adults to be like children: open and accepting of other people the way they are.
- Compassion decreases fear, makes confidence stronger, and reveals our inner strength. When we start trusting other people and open up to them, we stop feeling lonely, and we realize the purpose of life.
- I am a professional giggler. I have encountered a huge number of difficulties in my life, and my country is living in a very hard time right now. But anyway, I laugh very often, and my laughter is contagious. When people ask me how I find the strength to laugh in such a serious situation, I simply say, "I am a professional giggler."
- My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.
Which words made the strongest impression on you? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!