15 Stories Proving That There Is Much More Kindness in This World Than It May Seem
No matter how much we keep claiming that the world is unjust, there will always be a place for kindness on our planet. Every day, something good happens somewhere in the world and these acts of compassion and generosity do not go unnoticed.
We at Bright Side collected 15 cases of some very touching moments that prove that humans can be very caring.
15. In the US, a man wanted to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge. 13 trucks parked side-by-side to save him.
14. An employee at a Chinese police station feeds the service dogs while they wait patiently in line.
13. A homeless man found important documents in the trash and returned it to the owner, ultimately saving his life.
The owner was robbed on the street and his bag with his documents was thrown away. If this homeless man hadn’t returned them, the owner’s scheduled heart surgery would’ve been canceled.
12. This cafe gives food to the needy for free:
Translation: “Maidat” cafe gives free takeaways for the needy. Menu: spaghetti and buckwheat.
11. The goalkeeper of Partizan Belgrade is calming down his teammate who had been listening to racist comments from the tribunes for 90 minutes.
10. “I put a note in my son’s lunch every day. Today, at a parent/teacher conference I found out that he keeps each of them.”
9. “My roommate FaceTimes his little sister every week to help her with her algebra homework.”
8. True care
7. A homeless man offered his last £3 to a student who had lost her card so that she could get back home. In gratitude, the girl collected £42,000 for him and other homeless people.
Together with other volunteers, the girl spent 24 hours on the street to draw the attention to the problems of the homeless and started to raise funds for them. Eventually, she managed to help many people.
6. This is James Shaw Jr. He stopped a person who started a fire in a cafe in Tennessee. Several hours later, he started a campaign to support the victims of this tragedy. He collected $165,000.
5. A superhero dog. He managed to pull out his mate.
4. Montana Brown has fought cancer twice — at age 2 and at age 15. When she grew up, she went to work as a nurse at the same hospital where she was treated when she was a child.
3. David and Heather Mosher got married right in the hospital because the bride was getting treated for cancer. 18 hours later, she passed away.
2. “My daughter is blind and for her 9th birthday party. We made chocolate message slabs saying ‘I LOVE YOU’ and ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’ in Braille.”
1. This man helped a woman who was traveling with 2 small children during the entire flight and even after it:
Dear Readers! We feel quite curious about what’s happening in your life. If you have ever volunteered in a nursing home, lived in Bangladesh, worked in a Michelin-starred restaurant in Paris, or just wanted to tell the world why it is so important to pick people up at the airport, share your stories by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “My Story” and let the whole world know about your accomplishments!
Preview photo credit laughspark