15 Things We Grew Up With That Today’s Kids Can Barely Understand
Sharing songs by making playlists on CDs, playing on Game Boys, collecting stickers, playing 3D pinball on the computer, and waiting forever for Internet Explorer to respond — these are just some of the many things that may confuse the generation of today. But the ’90s kids grew up with each and every one of them. Even though most of these things are now nowhere to be seen, just thinking about them brings back so many memories, putting big smiles on our faces.
We at Bright Side would like to take our readers on a trip down memory lane. Check out our list featuring the things ’90s kids used to do on a regular basis.
1. Using a pencil to reel in a cassette — sometimes, even your finger
2. Yes, we had CDs. Yes, we had to clean them regularly.
3. Also, we “typd lyk dis” to save $$$.
4. This pipe screensaver was on every computer at school.
5. Collecting Polly Pockets and showing off our collections
6. Our generation didn’t have online multiplayer games. We had Space Cadet.
7. Hanging up on someone on a flip-phone was therapeutic.
8. Waking up with Nickelodeon’s alarm clock
9. Spending hours playing on your Game Boy
10. Drawing and “magically” erasing things on magic slate drawing pads
11. All the cool kids had Playskool color-changing flashlights.
12. Having clear and transparent gadgets
13. Watching the teacher pull down maps in classrooms
14. Switching tapes to watch the rest of the movie
15. Disney read-along books and cassettes — this was every kid’s dream collection.
Which of the things above do you recognize? Do you still have a token of the ’90s with you? Share photos of it with us in the comments!