15 Unexpected Photos of the Human Body We Don’t See Every Day
A human body is one of the most perfect mechanisms. Its work is thought out to the smallest details. Numerous different processes are taking place in it every second — new cells appear and old ones die. Blood passes in a circle from the left ventricle to the right atrium of the heart in no more than 27 seconds. Nevertheless, even scientists are not completely aware of all the processes that happen in our body, that’s why images made using x-ray and a tomography apparatus can allow us to get to know them better.
We at Bright Side like to learn something new every day, as well as, find the most interesting things in the world. That’s why we have prepared images of the human body that might leave you confused.
1. An X-ray of a person with polydactyly
2. The jaw of a 10-year-old boy whose milk teeth are being replaced with permanent ones.
3. CT scanning of a 37-week-pregnant woman
4. MRI of a healthy human brain
5. Breast prothesis seen through MRI
6. Colored MRI of an aorta
7. An x-ray of a kid’s hand that, unlike the hand of an adult, has cartilage instead of bones up to a certain age.
8. Veins and arteries
9. An X-ray of a person with obesity. Excess soft tissue makes it difficult to see the underlying bones.
10. An x-ray of an adult’s and a child’s hands
11. Heartbeat recorded by MRI
12. An image showing the blockage of the vessel on the left leg
13. Brain tumor
14. A CT image showing the deformation of vessels
15. An image made after a surgery for restoring the skull of a person injured in an accident
What interesting facts do you know about the workings of our body? Please tell us about it in the comments!
Preview photo credit Living Art Enterprises/EAST NEWS