16 Surprising Facts It’s Hard Believe Are True
No matter how much you know, there are always things you've just never thought about.
Bright Side found some interesting and unexpected facts from different spheres that will definitely surprise you.
- Cockroaches can live for weeks without their heads until they die of hunger.
- The average woman spends 17 years of her life on a diet.
- People spend more time sitting on the toilet each week than exercising. Moreover, we end up with 1.4 years on the toilet during a lifetime.
- Some mammoths were still around when the Egyptian pyramids were being built.
- A bee can sting another bee. They can sting a bee from another colony if they attack. The queen bee can sting her rivals and other queens to death, even if they're just developing.
- Vending machines kill more people than sharks.
- Airplane food isn't very tasty since our sense of smell and taste decrease a lot during flights because of low pressure and dryness.
- The average 4-year-old child asks almost 400 questions a day.
- Cleopatra lived closer in time to the first Moon landing than to the building of the Great Pyramid.
- If you were to remove all the empty space from the atoms that make up every human on Earth, the entire world population could fit into an apple.
- Humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
- Of all the people in history that have reached 65 years of age, half of them are living right now.
- The total weight of all the ants on Earth is comparable to the total weight of all the humans on the planet.
- You're more likely to become the President than you are to win the lottery.
- 90% of the world’s population lives in the Northern Hemisphere.
- Facebook engineers originally wanted to call the "Like" button the "Awesome" button.