18 Playgrounds That Aren’t Playing Around
When people think of playgrounds, they usually remember all the fun times they had there as children. However, not all playgrounds are created equal. Some designers try too hard; some don’t try at all.
We at Bright Side have found some of the most ridiculous playground design fails, and we want to share them with you.
1. Remember to keep your legs together when going down this slide!
2. “Mommy, can I go and see the clown again?”
3. Down the rabbit hole... Thought it would be smaller.
4. A great 2-for-1 deal: a playground and a biology lesson.
5. Sorry, children, fun is canceled today.
6. Other slides: Weeeeeeeeeeeee! This slide: We...
7. It’s a bit of a tight fit, but children are small, right?
8. The world’s loneliest playground
9. Don’t be afraid of this steep slide! The little gate will catch you.
10. The ultimate character test: if you can handle this slide at its worst, you deserve it at its (very short) best.
11. At least there’s a puddle to break your fall.
12. A nice swing for a shy child and his imaginary friend.
13. I have a feeling it wasn’t supposed to look like this. But then again, who knows?
14. Ready, set...duck!
15. When you want your child to have fun...but not TOO much fun:
16. In Soviet Russia, you don’t take the trash out. The trash takes you out.
17. Ahh, SpongeBob, my old friend... Wait, what?
18. Some kids prefer a little peace and quiet while they’re playing.
Did any of these make you laugh or cry out in disbelief? Do you think these fails were accidental or that the designers knew exactly what they were doing? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!