18 Strange Photos That Explain How the World Works
The world is full of weird and unusual things. A bionic heart, a female butterfly that is also a male at the same time, a dog that creates computer games, chocolate candies with strychnine... All these items and phenomena help us remember that our world isn’t on the list of the most boring places to live.
Bright Side is really surprised by some of these things. We bet they’ll make your jaw drop too!
18. An Euclidean geometry 3D textbook, 1570
17. 100 years ago, refrigerators were really stylish.
16. “This 50 pound lead container that held a radioactive pill my mom had to take to fight off what’s left of her thyroid cancer.”
15. The cosmonauts’ toilet
14. This outfit for extremely cold weather was created in Yakutia, Russia.
13. A rare species of white turtle, that is also an albino.
12. Chocolate pills with iron, arsenic, and strychnine produced at the beginning of the 19th century.
11. This butterfly is a gynandromorph: it’s both a male and a female.
10. A rare black leopard caught by a photographer
9. A washing machine from the beginning of the 20th century
8. The head of a wedge-tailed eagle shown in a human’s palm
7. An x-ray of a chest with a wireless charging bionic heart
6. A dog named Uuno works very hard as a video game developer.
5. This is a Heavy-Lift ship. It’s a ship that carries other ships, oil rigs, and other massive things.
4. Red light allergic rhinitis treatment
3. This is what a piano looks like without its “shell.”
2. Not all squirrels are fluffy.
1. How diggers work on a mountain:
Are there any other weird facts that surprised you recently?
Preview photo credit Treboridos / reddit