19 Pictures About the Best School Memories That Fill Us With Nostalgia
Even when we grow up, the kid in all of us probably has fond memories of their school days. School can really be a lot of fun. They often go out of their way to give kids a special treat on certain occasions, especially for little kids, like holiday parties and interesting games. And kids, being kids, continue finding new ways to create their own entertainment during class too, like bringing in their favorite snacks and books, for when the teacher’s not looking!
We at Bright Side wear our nostalgia on our sleeves, so we’re sharing some of our favorite classroom memories. Don’t forget to check our bonus where we remind you even a day at home can be a fun time.
1. All the mental games it took to learn math in school... did anyone else count teddy bears?
2. There’s more than one way to wear a backpack. Some kids even used ones on wheels!
3. The ultimate rite of passage is sharing doughnut holes or cupcakes on your birthday.
4. The day before school started for the year was more of a challenge than leaving the country!
5. Whether you were going to the zoo or to see a play, nothing beat field trips!
6. Getting picked to be the head of the class lines made you feel like a star.
7. Sometimes, you snuck in a treat during class... it always tasted better with a friend!
8. Helping to clean the chalkboard was one of the few times that cleaning was fun.
9. Meeting new people was as easy as sharing your textbook (or the new Harry Potter book).
10. Being friends with the smart kids came in handy for when you needed homework answers right before class started.
11. “7 Up!” made you look forward to rainy days.
12. The Halloween parade helped you get the most out of your costume.
13. When older kids were worried about finals, elementary school kids had field days to look forward to.
14. Those kids who secretly read their favorite books during class, must have had some trick to not get called on.
15. Computer class was every techno wizard’s origin story.
16. The best science classes happened when they let you watch a video.
17. Even the kids who hated PE loved Parachute Day!
18. Recess beats study hall every time.
19. There will come a time when you’ll wish you had a nap time... probably in high school.
Bonus: School could be fun at times... but we all lived for snow days.
What are some other fun memories you have of school? Please share with us in the comments!
Illustrated by Anna Syrovatkina for BrightSide.me