19 Unexpected Situations That Kill the Joy of Traveling
Even if you carefully plan your vacation, something can still go wrong. You can get lost in the jungle, forget your car keys inside the car, or go head to head with a cheetah. Keep in mind that you have to stay calm and try to treat your problems with a little humor.
Bright Side believes that even the worst challenges can’t spoil a cool trip, and here is photographic proof!
19. “When I was 12, I was attacked by a monkey in Costa Rica. Just a perfect moment for a postcard.”
18. “I have a sleeping disorder so they’re monitoring my sleep behavior. Guess I shouldn’t travel by bus today.”
17. “I climbed a mountain to enjoy Rio de Janeiro’s views.”
16. For those who constantly forget to bring travel adapters
15. Before ordering a dish, find out the size of a serving.
14. When you ask her to take only what she really needs:
13. A cheetah jumped into the back seat of the car with tourists.
12. “I’m going to kill my travel agent...”
11. Even if you have no time, don’t forget to unpack a tent and find out its size before buying it.
10. “Booked myself a window seat in advance.”
9. " ’Go to the Taj Mahal at sunrise,’ they said. ’It’ll be beautiful,’ they said."
8. When you’re lost in the jungle trying to find a waterfall:
7. “I was traveling across the country and got surrounded by buffalos.”
6. Great neighbors!
5. “I love being the pillow for her pillow. ”
4. “Something bad bit me in Colombia.”
3. “When you throw in a bag through the sunroof...with the car keys in it.”
2. “This woman invented an entirely new way of being inconsiderate on a long flight!”
1. “Great way to start a 9-hour flight!”
Bonus: sea change
Photographer Michael Marten travels around the world and takes pictures of threatening and dangerous sea level changes. He says, “I’m interested in showing landscape changes over time through natural processes and cycles. The camera that observes low and high tide side by side enables us to observe simultaneously two moments in time, 2 states of nature.”
Have you ever faced any difficulties while traveling?
Preview photo credit Michael Marten